HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Oh what I meant was, if I decide to use the cellphone idea, instead of the trap that is used because they want recognition.

Which kind of trap do you think is more interesting? Using a villain's weakness and flaw against him to bring him to his downfall? Or have his downfall, be as a result of being tricked by more of a technicality than a flaw, hence the cell phone idea?

I like both. On the one hand, the bad guy's own self-love killed him. On the other, the good guy looks like a badass by fooling him into a trap. I think either one could work very well, so go with whatever most inspires you/makes sense to you/is most writable to you. It's your story, so treat it as such!
    Last edited by Elven Candy; 01-22-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Okay thanks. I will have to come up with a decision. But either way, the MC and possibly other police can still use the idea, of posing as the villain's fans, or women who want to give them recognition, to lure them into a trap.

However, I was told by others that it makes the villain's took stupid, cause the trap is obvious. How do I make a trap seem not like a trap to the reader, so they will not see it as the villain having to become stupid, in order to fall for it?

Unfortunately, I gave you all of my ideas. Can you write the story and see if it comes to you, or do you need to know the trap before you continue your writing? I often get new ideas as I write, but everyone has a different thinking process.

Well the trap is a big part of it, so I do not know what direction the last half of my story should go in, until I know what the trap is. That way I will know what to to do for the last half.

It's probably best to have a whole outline written out first, from beginning to end, to make sure their are no holes or anything. Or I can write out the whole first half first, and then decide on a trap later, but I thought it would be best to have the trap first, just to confirm that everything else would work.

What do you think is a better approach?