HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    Agree.
    With who or what?

Those who, like yourself, specialize in ad hominem response, and little else, do so because they have nothing meaningful to say on the subject under discussion. When you talk about the messenger instead of the message you're admitting defeat.

You were too lazy to look at the writing (presenting the excuse that downloading a word document would give you a virus says you're either computer illiterate or haven't the sense to use a good AV program), and say nothing at all about it and what it needs: because you can't. I looked, commented, and conversed with the writer about it, while you, standing around with your thumb up your ass, do no more than complain that I do what you can't. You tried to match me in critiquing and failed. So now you simply whine about Jay.

I've got you studying books on writing, kid, dancing to my tune. I'll make a writer of you yet.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Greenstein View Post
    Those who, like yourself, specialize in ad hominem response, and little else, do so because they have nothing meaningful to say on the subject under discussion. When you talk about the messenger instead of the message you're admitting defeat.

You were too lazy to look at the writing (presenting the excuse that downloading a word document would give you a virus says you're either computer illiterate or haven't the sense to use a good AV program), and say nothing at all about it and what it needs: because you can't. I looked, commented, and conversed with the writer about it, while you, standing around with your thumb up your ass, do no more than complain that I do what you can't. You tried to match me in critiquing and failed. So now you simply whine about Jay.

I've got you studying books on writing, kid, dancing to my tune. I'll make a writer of you yet.
    What's so funny is that Swain's book is on writing novels. A children's picture book is an entirely different medium. You can try to say the basics are the same, but not really. You might as well be lecturing a sculptor on how to whittle.

And no one's whining about Jay. I'm laughing at Jay for not understanding the difference between two types of literature that are vastly different. It's like you're a robot only programmed with one way to analyze someone's writing, completely unable to come up with an original response.

And yes I have antivirus software, but downloading a strange Zip file is like driving into a blizzard because you have 4-wheel drive: there's a good chance you won't be killed, but why take the chance? Not all of us are as desperate for material to critique as you are. Not that it mattered since you'd have said the same thing if you'd read 100 words or 2000.
    Last edited by Rogue Mutt; 01-04-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Rogue Mutt
    BTW, here's an example of a creepy "children's" book that Trug might find interesting if he hasn't read it yet:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Like-Som.../dp/0385746806 It's excerpted from the novel A Widow for One Year which in itself is a pretty good read. The character of Ted Kohl might be someone for Trug to aspire to as he made a career out of creepy children's books.
    Last edited by Rogue Mutt; 01-04-2016 at 01:03 PM.

And no one's whining about Jay.
    You are child, as always. You've not commented on the story, only on me. Why? Because I interfere with what you view as your fiefdom, the place where you strut around and pretend to be the fount of knowledge. But as always, you screw up because you're too lazy to do your research.

1. It's not a child's picture book. It's an Illustrated story. Once again you've made a huge leap to, The Isle of Conclusions.
    2. You couldn't be bothered to look at the actual story, and respond to the OP. Instead you commented, not on what I said, but the fact that I granted the OP's request and made you look foolish...again.
    3. The only one mentioning Dwight Swain in this thread is you. You do seem to spend a lot of time talking about things unrelated to the subject of the threads you post in. OCD, or ADD kicking in, I suppose. You might want to see someone about that,

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Greenstein View Post
    You are child, as always. You've not commented on the story, only on me. Why? Because I interfere with what you view as your fiefdom, the place where you strut around and pretend to be the fount of knowledge. But as always, you screw up because you're too lazy to do your research.

1. It's not a child's picture book. It's an Illustrated story. Once again you've made a huge leap to, The Isle of Conclusions.
    2. You couldn't be bothered to look at the actual story, and respond to the OP. Instead you commented, not on what I said, but the fact that I granted the OP's request and made you look foolish...again.
    3. The only one mentioning Dwight Swain in this thread is you. You do seem to spend a lot of time talking about things unrelated to the subject of the threads you post in. OCD, or ADD kicking in, I suppose. You might want to see someone about that,
    The author intends it to be read aloud to children from what he said. Your watered down Swain has little application to illustrated books of any kind. And just looking down a thread in this forum I'm not the only one putting you in your place, which as we've seen is the bottom.