eBook Cover Design

eBook Cover Design

Nov 05, 2015#1

Designing a cover for my eBooks are harder than I imaged. Whatever I do, it looks amateurish. I'm really not that artistic so it's one of my weak spots.

How or who do some of you published authors use to create your book cover??

Thanks/
    If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't be me!

Rogue Mutt
    Rogue Mutt

Nov 05, 2015#2

I generally make mine in PowerPoint with a stock image, usually from Fotolia and then put some text on it. If you want something more elaborate there are sites like Fiverr where you can either get something premade or hire someone for not that much. It just depends on what you want.

Banned

Nov 05, 2015#3

I chose a good father and grandfather who were both artists. I don't have near the talent they had, but I have a bit of an eye, and I've absorbed a lot of good design principles over the years.

I use Freehand or Illustrator for graphic design. As a matter of fact, I just finished a cover design.

Banned

Feb 10, 2016#4

Covers are 50% of the battle today to get reader to your page on say Am azon.

So how it looks in that heap of 1 inch stamped sized images is what gets you most of your traffic.

Then the info as they open the story must grab them.

The key to SELLING on the net is LESS IS MORE and very few people understand that.

Today you see everyone copying a formula that doesn't work well. Basically, cover image, some blurb and then a look inside me.

The person I know selling more ebooks than anyone does have nice covers, then he does something no one else does, his blurb is reviews then some author hype and then some info on the book.

He sells the fact others like it, then he pumps the author and then the synopsis from the inside of the book.

You look inside his book and you see this template that works

Cover
          Title page with links to the author and publisher and usually a site for that book.
          A reviews page
          A synopsis page first mentioning major reviews
          An index page

Then he fills the book with 50 pages of PUBLISHERS SPAM that shows that authors other books in full page beautiful covers and other authors in their stable.

So where's the first chapter?

HE REFUSES TO GIVE IT FOR FREE

In fact on his own site that has sold tons of eBooks he has never even used a look inside option.

The book stands on a cover, some reviews from sites and the synopsis.

Does it work? It sure does I have quite a number of authors in his system.

So just because Zon does it like this doesn't mean that's the best way.

A pretty cover that pops as a 1 inch sized image, some blurbs from sites praising the book and then the synopsis, what else do you need?

Oh you want to read the first chapter? MOVE ON

Not for some authors that are selling lots of books today.
          I created this FREE EBOOKS FORUM TOOL to help Authors hit the top of Twitter using one of my major KLOUT accounts on Twitter It's at FREE EBOOKS FORUM TO HELP AUTHORS Put your Genre in header of post within an hour you will be top of twitter for that Genre

Jun 14, 2020#5

Hello everyone!! Just wanted to recommend this website (https://onlinepremiumservices) to anyone who's looking for book covers, I myself had no idea of what I really wanted, but they created something beautiful for me. To be honest, the experience was great, their website is really nice, it's also secure and is part of TrustedSite, we had so many back and forth emails since they offer unlimited revisions to the design, and what really surprised me was their competitive pricing... I searched other sites such as 99designs, miblart, creativebookcompany, mycustombookcover, and they all charge at least $300-400 for their cheapest plans. I know it's expensive to get a good design, but those prices are just astronomical. The site I used charges starting from $99, however I opted for the $199 plan where I get designs for paperbacks and ebooks, and I really don't see what could have been better...
            Really the only downside I experienced was that they didn't offer the choice to provide a phone number, that way I could have messaged them the feedback instead of email, but I guess email works perfectly fine and is better for attaching files and is more formal.
            So here it is if anyone is interested!! https://onlinepremiumservices.com 

Mar 21, 2022#6

I enjoy art, so my book covers were always a fun part of my writing.  However, my first book cover was created by the publisher.  I also used their editors as well because I was new and didn't know what to expect.  It was a nice cover but now all of my covers are designed by me and the better I get, the better they look.  I look forward to making an awesome cover for my upcoming book.  One way to get a great cover, is to take a look at other books focusing on the same subject matter.  After doing that, decide what you want.  It's what I did when I first started creating book covers and didn't know what to do.  Afterwards, it became easier to make a cover for each book.  As a result, I was even able to make a cover for someone else's book too.  I didn't make a business out of it.  I did it only to help out.  I hope this helps.  Enjoy your journey. ♥

Mar 01, 2023#7

eBook cover design needs a lot of creativity. Authors usually design their own book covers or hire experienced professionals in the market. If you need some guidance on eBook cover design, go through the article. 

You May Also Like