HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Career Destroying Mistakes

I don't at all know if the problem is there is with someone else as well but I am not at all in a good mood right now, It's not fair I was told I need to work on my grammar so I did. I took a test online and Volla Hundred out of Hundred
    "The perfect marks" blaaaaaaaaaaah I just hate it. Every time in my school the PTMs used to be like
    Teacher: Aizza is fine at her work, her marks are above average and her grammar, even though she knows them well but she is just too careless when it comes to showing her skills. hah, Now what
    My score was the highest in English but as usual a mark deducted in the case even the poorest students didn't have problem with; the dam bloody grammar, I am fine at speaking I can do that well in a country where English of the people of here is the main target of the comedy shows.
    How do I have to get rid of this careless attitude?
    Last edited by Aizza; 11-02-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Honestly, it sounds like the root of your problem is impatience. You might even be thinking faster than you type or write, so you're skipping ahead and leaving out things that slower moving writers manage to hit not because it's easier for them, but because it's how they can complete an assignment. They catch their mistakes while you're racing ahead, not noticing when you miss something.

Here's an easy trick I know that can help: read each sentence out loud, in their entirety with a steady, clear voice. Don't ramble through it or skip around. It's slow and kinda boring, but I've caught more mistakes that way.

Thanks
    trust me you have no idea how much i needed that advice but can i ask something

Ask me something? Or just ask the forum in general? Either way, go ahead. Couldn't hurt.

Rogue Mutt
    If you save up your allowance or something you can hire a proofreader.

if you imagine whatever you have read from me was written by an 11 year old.
    will it make a difference

I'm a tad confused--are you asking if I would more or less harsh on an 11 year old as compared to someone who's older? Probably less harsh, but I wouldn't be ruthless to, let's say a thirty year old, if they had about as much experience writing as the eleven year old.

Nope it was related to some old posts of mine you won't be ruthless at least a hope...
    And i am 11 for real

now does that mean I am not going to get an answer

Sorry, I was doing dishes, so I didn't see a reply here.

And no, I'm not going to judge you for being a 11. It'd be one thing if you handed me a sample of yours and said something like "here, read this and tell me whatever you think I should do, no matter how harsh". But if you handed me something and said "please just check this for spelling/grammar errors" that'd be something entirely else. My advice here is still the same, just slow down and don't let your impatience get the better of you.