HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overwhelmed

Hybrid View

Overwhelmed

As tough as it was, writing the $%#@ was easier than all the stuff that comes next. Query Shark says I need a web site before sending off query letters. I can barely manage my personal Facebook page. Is there a concise resource for social media and web presence? Google just buries me. Thanks.

I'm sure there's probably a "Social Media for Dummies" book out there somewhere. I'm on the trail to developing my presence, but I'm sure my tactics wouldn't be attractive to you. They take considerable time and effort. My website is just a year old.
    Last edited by John Oberon; 10-06-2015 at 07:36 AM.

I enjoyed glancing over your website. If more men thought like you, I think more marriages would survive. Does this website promote one book or a series of books?

Rogue Mutt
    Since you probably don't want a lot of hassle a blog like Blogger or WordPress would be easier. You can buy a domain if you want to spend some money or just use a free domain. I use Wix for my site and found it easy to use but expensive if you don't want ads.

Well, it promotes NO books at the moment, lol. I'm just trying to attract a bit of an audience, maybe get people to check my site once or twice a week to see what's new. When I've built up an audience, THEN I'll to start promoting my books. I don't really see much point to it now, but in a couple years, I think I'll be in a much better position.

Quote Originally Posted by Marci Mathers View Post
    I enjoyed glancing over your website. If more men thought like you, I think more marriages would survive. Does this website promote one book or a series of books?

By the way, I use WordPress.

Mutt, how much do you pay for ad removal?

Marci, you could also consider weebly. They are extremely easy, everything is pretty much "what you see is what you get". Wordpress, in my opinion, is harder to use and not always compatible with all browsers.

A domain is always a good idea and you can just point it to wherever.
    If you can barely manage your facebook page, then you'll either need to spend an awful lot of time googling and learning, or you could just ask around and see if anyone can help you.