HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Would a Book with this Description Grab Your Attention?

I recently changed the description of my book to what you see below. How interested or excited would you be to order one for yourself if you just so happened to read this...?
    This story starts off by explaining how a young boy gets this job in a big city working for women only but then he's in this really bad car accident.

The accident is so severe that it causes his heart to stop beating 3 times on the flight to the hospital and once he arrives at the emergency hospital in the big city, it's determined that he is in a comatose state.

He remains in a coma for the next 40 days and when he comes back to the world of the living, he doesn't have any memory of his past life so he has to learn "EVERYTHING" all over again --- in much the same way a newborn child does as it grows up. Sadly, activities like walking or talking or eating or drinking were no longer second-nature for the boy.

Then, 2 1/2 years after this accident, the boy is able to start living life once more when he begins going to college and staying in his own place for a bit. This is just a few months before he's walking down the side of the road where he's hit by a speeding Lincoln Towncar and the vehicle manages to shatter both of his legs from the knees down.

The boy is stranded in a hospital bed once again for nearly a year before he is somehow able to get back on his feet to return to the land of the living a second time but throughout this whole ordeal, he never lost his job working for women only in the big city.

Very slowly, the boy starts to remember his past life and is eventually able to continue doing the same kind of work for women only but this time, he's able to start his own business offering the same service to upscale women who can afford it and since he's the business-owner, that means he's the boss and is able to make a few changes in policy.

For example, the man he worked for in the city made him charge $100/hour but the boy knew that women are not the same as men in this area and that this rate was a big rip off for most ladies.

The boy --- who had just recently became a man, drastically dropped his hourly rate while extending the time each client would be with him by a huge margin.
    I think that may be a bit long & gives away too many details about the book but I'm told by others that this is not true at all and that I shouldn't give any less details for a book of this magnitude (580 pages).

What are your thoughts? And if you would like to get a copy for yourself, you can go to: https://www.createspace.com/5591157
    Last edited by Mr. Michael Live; 08-16-2015 at 04:35 AM. Reason: I just like to make my writing nice looking

I think I know why your book is 580 pages.

Okay John, let's hear it. Why does my book have 580 pages?
    Last edited by Mr. Michael Live; 08-17-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Easy does it. I'm watching you too.

Did you mean to say, "I'm watching you two"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Michael Live View Post
    Did you mean to say, "I'm watching you two"?
    That two.

***shaking his head***

You just ain't right.

LOL

Oh you have no idea. Heheh.

Quick question: I realize now that I may have been listening to advice from people who have a different idea of what makes a book good than other non-fiction writers.

I was told the beginning of my book was rather boring (not in so many words but to sum it up, that's what I was told) and after doing a little research, I figured out the reason why.

The people who said that misunderstood my book & story to be a fictional tale whereas it wasn't and since it takes different things to keep a non-fiction reader interested in what they're reading than it takes to keep a fiction reader interested, they were giving rather good advice that would've been taken a lot better if the book would have benefited from it.

Although, I trust that the folks in this thread are going to be more willing to read further than the first page or two of the free preview and they might even be interested in getting a copy of my book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Michael Live View Post
    Quick question: I realize now that I may have been listening to advice from people who have a different idea of what makes a book good than other non-fiction writers.

I was told the beginning of my book was rather boring (not in so many words but to sum it up, that's what I was told) and after doing a little research, I figured out the reason why.

The people who said that misunderstood my book & story to be a fictional tale whereas it wasn't and since it takes different things to keep a non-fiction reader interested in what they're reading than it takes to keep a fiction reader interested, they were giving rather good advice that would've been taken a lot better if the book would have benefited from it.

Although, I trust that the folks in this thread are going to be more willing to read further than the first page or two of the free preview and they might even be interested in getting a copy of my book as well.
    I'm not seeing a question, but, was this directed at me?