HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    I'm not sure why you keep responding if you're not going to try to say anything interesting or new
    To make you dance, of course. I'm bored. The wife heads off to bed and I'm still up. So I check in to see what your latest missive of hate is, and to set you dancing. It passes the time. Now and then someone may drop in and ask a question on writing. And since you greet people with insults someone has to be here to provide real information.
    I'm screaming and foaming at the mouth like a mental patient.
    You're pretty much a textbook, case, sitting and waiting, hoping someone will say something you can take as an insult. And if they don't you drop in a snide remark to start things off. A look at the history pretty well shows that. You take advantage of the lack of face to face in this medium to behave in a way thazt, in life would get you laying face down on the floor.

It's obvious why you're so defensive, of course. And you have my sympathy. No one gives me grief for writing mermaid stories and sci-fi. But you're writing transgender fantasies for transvestites. And that comes with a whole lot of baggage. I would suggest, though, that you wait to see how people will treat you instead of assuming the news will be bad.

By the way, if you want to see how it's done, and done well, read Thorne Smith's, Turnabout. It's an older story, and the writing style is very dated, but the man was a comic genius, and one of the few writers I've found who can get mew laughing so hard I have to stop reading to recover. My own, A Change of Heart, is a turnabout story, and homage to Mr. Smith.
    You seem to think you're winning some popularity contest,
    You got it wrong again, of course. You're really big on "I think...I can't believe...You think..." based on your own personal misunderstandings. I'm not trying to impress anyone. When I give advice it's not mine, it's a restating of the teachings of people who really know, and I certainly can't take credit for what they came up with. I'm paying forward on a Ben Franklin debt because I choose to. And I dispense advice, not insults. Them, I'll leave that to you. I certainly don't care what you think, because you hear what you choose to hear, and say things for effect, not to impart information.

I will admit that you try so hard to get a rise out of me that I find it entertaining.
    before that robin person trolled you by posting Ender's Game for you to give your lazy "critique" to
    No one posted Ender's Game. What was posted was a very poorly written imitation of a section from within that story, presented based as being the opening paragraphs of one. You really screwed up on that.

Rogue Mutt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Greenstein View Post
    It's obvious why you're so defensive, of course. And you have my sympathy. No one gives me grief for writing mermaid stories and sci-fi. But you're writing transgender fantasies for transvestites. And that comes with a whole lot of baggage. I would suggest, though, that you wait to see how people will treat you instead of assuming the news will be bad.
    That's one of the funnier things you've said in this thread. But there must be a lot of transvestites out there then. Far more than people who buy your mermaid stories and sci-fi.

Jealous much?

You really screwed up on that.
    Robin screwed up on that. I suppose next you'll say that was me in disguise. In fact I'm probably everyone here you hate. Or everyone you hate everywhere.

I certainly don't care what you think, because you hear what you choose to hear, and say things for effect, not to impart information
    See if you really feel that way there's an easy solution to this, one I'm surprised your massive intellect hasn't grasped already. You click on my name there to the left to bring up my profile and there below my picture is the option "Add to Ignore List." Then you don't ever have to see my snide comments again. And I don't have to see yours. It's the next best thing to actually having a moderator. I'm sure you'll make up some phony excuse not to use it. Or maybe you'll go with the childish, "Oh yeah, well you do it first!" Which I already have, in case you want to come up with any weird theories later about why I'm ignoring you.

BTW, next Wednesday I have a blog entry about you. The gist of it: Jay Greenstein is a petty little man who can only make himself feel better by cutting others down because he's a complete and utter failure. Pretty much sums it all up nicely. And before you say, "Nuh-uh, that's you!" consider that you're twice my age and have 0% of my sales. You really wasted your life.

That's one of the funnier things you've said in this thread. But there must be a lot of transvestites out there then. Far more than people who buy your mermaid stories and sci-fi.

Jealous much?
    Of pandering to transvestites? No. You write what you know, and it's not my area of expertise.
    Robin screwed up on that. I suppose next you'll say that was me in disguise.
    Of course it's not you. Why should I be suspicious when a person who hasn't posted in a full year appears, and the first thing they do is post a phony story that was supposed to somehow entrap me, and then attack me as if I've been interacting with them for some time? And then, amazingly, they vanishe again. Certainly nothing there to make me think it's a sock puppet. And the fact that this person writes absolutely lousy prose, over and over,but then suddenly acquires greater knowledge when commenting on other people's writing, wouldn't make me think that. Of course not. And the fact that their writing style is so like yours? Obviously a coincidence.

Of course, there is the matter of the duck test. That is a sticky point. But it's quite probable that robin, magically, will be summoned by having their name invoked, and rush to your defense, thereby proving to be a separate entity by the simple act of posting.
    you click on my name there to the left to bring up my profile and there below my picture is the option "Add to Ignore List." Then you don't ever have to see my snide comments again.
    Why would I want to ignore you? You're funny. And as for ignoring snide comments, it's always been a failing of mine that I cannot stand by and watch someone insult others and not react. If you want to know why, watch this. It's the reason I can't stand idly by while someone abuses others for their own enjoyment. It's a failing that's gotten me in trouble over the years, but not one I'd care to change.