HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: POV Questions

DaBlaRR
    Ya when I came up with this story in my head. I didn't actually plan the present/past tense thing. It just started coming out naturally as present tense. I think I'm going to stick with that because for some reason it just doesn't flow in my head speaking in the past tense.

Ya the experience thing is an issue. This is my first attempt of putting a story in my head down on paper. Well, that's a lie, this is the first attempt where I feel I'm getting somewhere with a story. But that said, I'm not really looking to take what I write anywhere as far as becoming a paid writer, or published. More so a bucket list thing, but I do want to do it right, and treat it as if I was an inspiring writer.

I'm ashamed to say, that I can count the novels on one hand that I have read in my lifetime. That is a problem I know, but it's not to late to start. That's hard to admit on a forum made up of writers and avid readers.

Thanks for your input Rogue. I think you took it easy on me...haha.

DaBlaRR
    **aspiring writer**

That was a pretty ironic typo.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBlaRR View Post
    Ya when I came up with this story in my head. I didn't actually plan the present/past tense thing. It just started coming out naturally as present tense. I think I'm going to stick with that because for some reason it just doesn't flow in my head speaking in the past tense.

Ya the experience thing is an issue. This is my first attempt of putting a story in my head down on paper. Well, that's a lie, this is the first attempt where I feel I'm getting somewhere with a story. But that said, I'm not really looking to take what I write anywhere as far as becoming a paid writer, or published. More so a bucket list thing, but I do want to do it right, and treat it as if I was an inspiring writer.

I'm ashamed to say, that I can count the novels on one hand that I have read in my lifetime. That is a problem I know, but it's not to late to start. That's hard to admit on a forum made up of writers and avid readers.

Thanks for your input Rogue. I think you took it easy on me...haha.
    Well it is Good Friday.

DaBlaRR
    I have yet another question. The first chapter is intentionally short. I wanted to make it more so an introduction so that is why I did that. The proceeding chapters are a fair bit longer.

I end this first chapter with the full contents of that letter, written in italics. What do you think about that? I'm guessing you might ask to see the contents of the letter.