HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenbhow@yahoo.com View Post
    I tried BK Knights on fiver, but didn't sell a single book. The upside is they will refund your money if you don't sell anything. A lot of the self-published authors on KBoards say they spend $2000 per book on editing, cover design, and advertising/marketing. They claim to be doing well. Hard to say though. $2000 sounds like a lot to gamble with to me.
    Writing is a hobby for me. I'll invest a bit in proofreaders and editors but I'm not willing to spend on expensive marketing promotions.

My most successful promo was a freebie with The Midlist (now sadly gone)... it generated over 100 sales a day for a number of days. Okay, that's probably small beer for some of the folk here, but it made me feel great.

I think BK Knights is only around $15 depending on how long you want you book advertised. I know they post it on the various social media sites they have and their own website, but I imagine the books get lost in the shuffle assuming they are being honest about the 3,000,000 hits a day they get on all their sites.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenbhow@yahoo.com View Post
    I think BK Knights is only around $15 depending on how long you want you book advertised. I know they post it on the various social media sites they have and their own website, but I imagine the books get lost in the shuffle assuming they are being honest about the 3,000,000 hits a day they get on all their sites.
    There are so many places which are happy to take $15-50... I've yet to hear from anyone who's had a big success with any of these 'cheaper' sites.