HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Arrow Comic Book Series Kickstarter Do-over

Hello fellow writers. I wish I didn't post that last thread, because it turned out to be a misstep. The goal was too high, and so were the pledge amounts. It was all too much to ask for so I halted funding and decided to do it all over. This time however, the 5 stories will now be their own Kickstarter campaign, and rewards are much easier to come by.

This is my second and last time I'm going to restart the crowdfunding. The link under this paragraph leads to the page for the first story, Lost Flight 1313. Hope you all find this interesting enough to support:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st-flight-1313

If there is something that I'm doing, which is making anyone not willing to pledge, please let me know.

Rogue Mutt
    It's probably no one's ever heard of any of those people or properties.

Okay, I understand if nobody has ever heard of the artist or myself, since neither of us are famous.
    I would like to know what properties you are referring to exactly, so I could maybe address them. There might be a few things I may have missed without even noticing them.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by herkyjerky87 View Post
    Okay, I understand if nobody has ever heard of the artist or myself, since neither of us are famous.
    I would like to know what properties you are referring to exactly, so I could maybe address them. There might be a few things I may have missed without even noticing them.
    Kickstarter seems to work best for things people have heard of like Veronica Mars or Super Troopers. Unless you can get featured in the news for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    Kickstarter seems to work best for things people have heard of like Veronica Mars or Super Troopers. Unless you can get featured in the news for some reason.
    What place online would be better for nobodies like me raising money? Not going to cancel this Kickstarter though, since I already did it once before, but for future projects?

Rogue Mutt
    What place online would be better for nobodies like me raising money? Not going to cancel this Kickstarter though, since I already did it once before, but for future projects?
    Unless you have a fan base none of them will really do any good.

Unless you have a fan base none of them will really do any good.
    There are who knows how many people out there who I have never heard of, and yet they have a bunch of people donating towards their works. How is that even possible? They must be doing something that convinces people to help them out. You have any idea on what they may be doing?

Rogue Mutt
    There are who knows how many people out there who I have never heard of, and yet they have a bunch of people donating towards their works. How is that even possible? They must be doing something that convinces people to help them out. You have any idea on what they may be doing?
    No idea. They probably have more social media followers and such.

No idea. They probably have more social media followers and such.
    Wrote to one guy. He said he made a Facebook page devoted to the project. Maybe I could try that.
    In the meantime, I'll ask others how they manage to attract people to their projects too.