HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Query YA

Query YA

Hello everybody!

I really need your help with my query letter. Right now I'm just trying to write the paragraphs describing my novel... All advice are very welcome!

Here it is....

Eighteen-year-old Rex saves hostages during a bank robbery, using his abilities for hypnosis. Instead of gratitude, coworkers label him a freak, police begin a manhunt and journalists publicize him as public enemy number one. All because heís a mind breaker, a new human subspecies capable of hypnotism and telepathy. Perceiving all breakers as vicious criminals, the government sends a task force called Elimination to track down and imprison them.

Once caught, Rex goes through torturous interrogation and mental testing. His only chance to survive is to cooperate with Elimination and locate a group of fellow breakers, accused of being terrorist. Rex initially refuses to help his sworn enemy, but soon learns that the terrorist have captured his best friend, Kitty. Now he must cut a deal with Elimination to rescue his friend, then find a way to escape from the confines of a secure facility. The problem is that Elimination leaders donít want Rex to be free. They intend to keep him for their puppet forever.

Rogue Mutt
    I think you'd want to start out mentioning the whole "mind breaker" thing. The idea itself doesn't sound all that original.

Quote Originally Posted by Marian View Post
    Hello everybody!

I really need your help with my query letter. Right now I'm just trying to write the paragraphs describing my novel... All advice are very welcome!

Here it is....

Eighteen-year-old Rex saves hostages during a bank robbery, using his abilities for hypnosis. Instead of gratitude, coworkers label him a freak, police begin a manhunt and journalists publicize him as public enemy number one. All because he’s a mind breaker, a new human subspecies capable of hypnotism and telepathy. Perceiving all breakers as vicious criminals, the government sends a task force called Elimination to track down and imprison them.

Once caught, Rex goes through torturous interrogation and mental testing. His only chance to survive is to cooperate with Elimination and locate a group of fellow breakers, accused of being terrorist. Rex initially refuses to help his sworn enemy, but soon learns that the terrorist have captured his best friend, Kitty. Now he must cut a deal with Elimination to rescue his friend, then find a way to escape from the confines of a secure facility. The problem is that Elimination leaders don’t want Rex to be free. They intend to keep him for their puppet forever.

Thank you!