HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you are looking for a good post-apocalyptic/zombie writer

Now, I am not affiliated at all with this person except I read his books and absolutely LOVE them. But I highly recommend Iain Rob Wright. Most of his books are connected in some way. If you're looking for a book to cut your teeth on, so to speak, I recommend Animal Kingdom.

His books are often on sale for .99 or even free on Kindle, so keep an eye out for them. If you love horror, you are going to love this author.

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by wamimsauthor View Post
    Now, I am not affiliated at all with this person except I read his books and absolutely LOVE them. But I highly recommend Iain Rob Wright. Most of his books are connected in some way. If you're looking for a book to cut your teeth on, so to speak, I recommend Animal Kingdom.

His books are often on sale for .99 or even free on Kindle, so keep an eye out for them. If you love horror, you are going to love this author.

Sharon
    A horror named Animal Kingdom? Hm.

Maybe Gil should take a look at his stuff for better reference on the horror he's talked about writing.

lol, I'll take a peek, but "Animal Kingdom" doesn't really scream "horror" to me, unless Babar the Elephant died and rose from the grave to seek vengeance on Curious George...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilfindel View Post
    lol, I'll take a peek, but "Animal Kingdom" doesn't really scream "horror" to me, unless Babar the Elephant died and rose from the grave to seek vengeance on Curious George...
    What if after reading the book it has an underlying meaning? That would be interesting. Still, I thought the Babar the Elephant thing was scary enough as it is.

Trust me. Take a look at the summary of the book. Yeah, it's scary and gory, and i love it! Hehehe. I'm not saying anymore because I don't want to give it away. *runs away laughing maniacally.*

Trust me. Take a look at the summary of the book. Yeah, it's scary and gory, and i love it! Hehehe. I'm not saying anymore because I don't want to give it away. *runs away laughing maniacally.*
    Hahaha eyyy I like this girl. She's as over the top as I am. :P

Thanks. Trust me, the book is anything but tame. Just don't read it before going to bed. Actually I do but that's because I'm nuts. Hahaha.

Thanks. Trust me, the book is anything but tame. Just don't read it before going to bed. Actually I do but that's because I'm nuts. Hahaha.
    Honestly I'm not the horror type at all. I just liked how you laughed maniacally at it. xD

Ok. I downloaded one of the free books. I'll let you know what I think in a few days.

I'm back. It only took a few hours to read The Peeling. I give it 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. It was in desperate need of an editor. The main problems, IMO: very weak characterizations, too much introspection, and it was 80% Tell. Also, too many instances where the verb and subject disagree -- plural subject with singular verb, and vice versa.

On the bright side, at least I didn't waste $5 on this story, as Gilfindel did on his, lol.
    Last edited by The Tinman; 02-15-2015 at 05:54 PM.