HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here's a mini-blurb I'm using on some FaceBook pages. Can anyone suggest improvements?
    Dark conspiracies lurk within our largest financial institutions. Fuelled by greed and ancient magic, they are more dangerous, powerful and secretive than the Illuminati. Can anyone stop them? Two medieval down-and-outs with an alcohol problem and an Internet genius think they can.

Dark Tidings is the first book of the spellbinding 'Ancient magic meets the Internet' trilogy and it's only 99c.

Laugh while the world comes to an end.
    Thanks for having a look.

Well, not much to work with...not much story or hook there, but here's what I would suggest with what you have:

Dark conspiracies lurk within our largest financial institutions. Fueled by greed and ancient magic, they are more dangerous, powerful, and secretive than the Illuminati. Can anyone stop them? Two medieval alcoholics and an Internet genius think they can.

Dark Tidings is the first book of the spellbinding 'Ancient magic meets the Internet' trilogy and it's only 99c.

Let laughter begin while the world ends.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    That is dang catchy. Between Ken's original idea, and John's edit I would definitely use that.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    Well, not much to work with...not much story or hook there, but here's what I would suggest with what you have:

Dark conspiracies lurk within our largest financial institutions. Fueled by greed and ancient magic, they are more dangerous, powerful, and secretive than the Illuminati. Can anyone stop them? Two medieval alcoholics and an Internet genius think they can.

John, apologies for the ridiculously late reply... I missed seeing your response until just now.

Let laughter begin while the world ends. is a great line which I plan to use (royalties in the post). Fueled and powerful, I think are UK v US English differences so I'll note those depending on where the blurb is published.

You mentioned there wasn't much to work with in the mini-blurb. Here's the longer blurb which I use when there's the space...
    What happens when ancient magic meets the internet? One thing is certain, modern life will never be the same again.

A thousand years ago, a young thief, Tung, and a disgraced wizard, Madrick, are thrust together in an executioner’s dungeon. In the darkness, Madrick reveals an incredible secret about a legendary spell. The great spell helps them escape their prison cell... and eventually their century.

Catapulted into the present day, their lives collide with Michael, a computer hacker who plans to destroy the world’s largest bank. But sinister people are tracking their every move and they will stop at nothing to steal their spell.

Funny and frightening, Dark Tidings is book one of the spellbinding ‘Ancient magic meets the Internet’ trilogy.
    Again apologies for the delayed reply and thank you so much for your help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    That is dang catchy. Between Ken's original idea, and John's edit I would definitely use that.
    Thanks Wickett... I agree it's a catchy last line for the mini-blurb. (Apologies for the delayed response )