HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Finding new fantasy books

Where do you go to find a good fantasy read? I love humor and would cite Terry Pratchett as my favourite author.

Generally I search Amazon for blurbs which take my fancy. Is there a better place to look?

Rogue Mutt
    You could try, Goodreads, Shelfari, Library Thing. I've really only used the first one, but I think they're all largely the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    You could try, Goodreads, Shelfari, Library Thing. I've really only used the first one, but I think they're all largely the same.
    Thanks RM, I do use Goodreads for the reviews. I was more thinking of sites like YourNextRead. The idea is great but the application doesn't live up to the expectation.

PS I'm too new to post a link to the site

My young daughter turned me on to Ransom Riggs. Different and kinda weird. Dark, but not. I could see his books turning into movies. Give Miss Peregrine a try.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    My young daughter turned me on to Ransom Riggs. Different and kinda weird. Dark, but not. I could see his books turning into movies. Give Miss Peregrine a try.
    Looks interesting. I've added Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children #1 to my TBR list. Thanks John.