HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Faithful to the very end

Whew. 104 days of typing and some 84,000 words later, the first draft of the second book in the Order of the Shamrock series, Faithful, is now done. It took rather longer than I had anticipated (the first book only took 50 days to complete and publish), but now I can take a short break and rest my fingers before running through the editing passes and getting the cover art done. With any luck, I should have it ready to go by Thanksgiving, just in time for the holiday buying season

I'm once again plagued by the scourge of having too many ideas floating around in my head, each one clamoring to be my next magnum opus. The next one will have to be the fourth book in the Simulated Crime series, so that I can wrap that arc up for my loyal readers. After that? We'll see where things take me.

Someone pointed out to me recently that every book I've published so far has a female lead, which leaves half the population of the Earth without a character to relate to. Unfortunately, I'm attracted to strong female leads (literally and figuratively), so this will need some serious thought before I commit electrons to my hard drive.

Ah, well, it's a nice problem to have. I'm going to enjoy a day or two of not typing before I get back to the grindstone...

Rogue Mutt
    Huzzah.

Lol, your enthusiasm is overwhelming ;-) "Faithful" is now available as an ebook on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Faithful-Order...=donald+hanley), and the paperback version should be up tomorrow or the day after. Just in time for your holiday shopping needs...

I'm taking a brief hiatus from writing to clear my head and start fresh on the next one, but not to worry: "brief" will likely be measured in days rather than weeks. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by Gilfindel; 11-23-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Rogue Mutt
    I'll be waiting with bated breath.

Maybe it's just cause I'm a male, but that cover... why? Haha.