HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acknowlegement

Acknowlegement

Well, finally ready to put book up on Kindle and Create Space.

This is one sentence in my acknowledgement. I thank several people and would like to include this. Can it be written more clearly or less awkwardly?

The many Starbucks baristas who, I have found in my frequent travels between Boston and Baltimore, are always ready with free coffee refills and are responsible for creating the welcome environment where a writer can work without suffering feelings of isolation.

Unless the Boston and Baltimore references are critical, I'd leave that phrase out. Otherwise, break it into two sentences and whittle down the prose a bit. How about "To the many Starbucks baristas between Boston and Baltimore who were always ready with welcoming smiles and free refills. Your shops were a safe haven for a writer in need of a boost for both body and soul." That may not be your exact sentiment, but it may give you ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilfindel View Post
    Unless the Boston and Baltimore references are critical, I'd leave that phrase out. Otherwise, break it into two sentences and whittle down the prose a bit. How about "To the many Starbucks baristas between Boston and Baltimore who were always ready with welcoming smiles and free refills. Your shops were a safe haven for a writer in need of a boost for both body and soul." That may not be your exact sentiment, but it may give you ideas.
    Yes thank you. I can work with that.

See my answer at http://unlikelyson.com/ in the Hammer & Tongs page.

I finally took your advice, Mutt.