HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Film Fests

It's not a about keeping secrets, Jayce. I don't hide my identity on any of the other sites I post on. But there's just too much bad blood on writers.net from Mutt and a few others for me to feel comfortable doing it here. It's a shame really, but it is what it is.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Says View Post
    It's not a about keeping secrets, Jayce. I don't hide my identity on any of the other sites I post on. But there's just too much bad blood on writers.net from Mutt and a few others for me to feel comfortable doing it here. It's a shame really, but it is what it is.
    Yeah, it's my fault you're so paranoid.

No it's your fault you're a **** who feels the need to disparage me pretty much every time I comment. And I'd prefer not to have that extended to places like my twitter feed and my facebook page, blog etc. You haven't limited you're nasty outbursts to me and I have no reason to think you'd limit them to this board if you knew who I was.

If that makes me paranoid, then so be it. I'd rather be labelled paranoid than have to deal with you off this board. As I said, it's a shame, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Simon Says; 11-10-2014 at 10:33 PM.

I understand. And I have to agree. Sadly.

No it's your fault you're a dick who feels the need to disparage me pretty much every time I comment. And I'd prefer not to have that extended to places like my twitter feed and my facebook page, blog etc. You haven't limited you're nasty outbursts to me and I have no reason to think you'd limit them to this board if you knew who I was.

If that makes me paranoid, then so be it. I'd rather be labelled paranoid than have to deal with you off this board. As I said, it's a shame, but it is what it is.
    Mutt doesn't strike me as the stalker type. I think he's kinda lazy. He'll abuse you if you happen to be where he is, but he's not gonna seek you out to abuse you....way too much time and effort. Plus, if he were to visit your blog or website or whatever, that would strongly indicate that on some level he cares about what you think or what you're doing, and he doesn't, not in the least. I've watched him on here for years, and I have yet to see him demonstrate even a modicum of care for any person or opinion. I have a website now...unlikelyson.com. I think he'll probably visit it just to look, but do I think he's ever going to comment or take any kind of interest in it at all? Nope, not on his life, lol. He really doesn't care. And besides, do you really think he'd waste time trying to antagonize you on a playground you control? Sure, he's a pill at times, but he's not stupid. I can practically guarantee both you and I are way safe from any Mutt attacks on our own sites.

But...to each his own.
    Last edited by John Oberon; 11-11-2014 at 08:34 AM.

You may be right John, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Mutt's not the only one who has attacked me repeatedly - There was a small handful including Gary who was convinced I was some dangerous troll who was wreaking havoc all over the web and needed to be stopped. Though I haven't seen him post here in some time, I'd rather not put myself in a position where he can spread his delusional claims about me elsewhere. It's very hard to unring bells once they've been rung or delete things on the web, yes I can control the comments on my blog - but he can tweet anything or post on other boards accusing me by name - if he knew what it was.

I have never lied about my career or background and I stand by everything I've ever posted here although I admit that sometimes my PMS can get the better of me when going mano a mano against some of the morons who used to post on here (Oh how I miss Smoko)

Even though I won't share the specifics here - I can still share the fact that I'm having ups and downs and I do appreciate the good wishes and support from people like you and Jayce.
    Last edited by Simon Says; 11-11-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Well, I'm one who believes everyone can use all the encouragement they can get, and I like to provide it when I can. I really like it when someone succeeds at something. It makes me feel like I can succeed too, if I work hard and try my best. I have trouble with the working hard part, lol.

@Jayce.

The film doesn't have distribution yet. I can pm you the title when/if it does.

Rogue Mutt
    You may be right John, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Mutt's not the only one who has attacked me repeatedly - There was a small handful including Gary who was convinced I was some dangerous troll who was wreaking havoc all over the web and needed to be stopped. Though I haven't seen him post here in some time, I'd rather not put myself in a position where he can spread his delusional claims about me elsewhere. It's very hard to unring bells once they've been rung or delete things on the web, yes I can control the comments on my blog - but he can tweet anything or post on other boards accusing me by name - if he knew what it was.

I have never lied about my career or background and I stand by everything I've ever posted here although I admit that sometimes my PMS can get the better of me when going mano a mano against some of the morons who used to post on here (Oh how I miss Smoko)

Even though I won't share the specifics here - I can still share the fact that I'm having ups and downs and I do appreciate the good wishes and support from people like you and Jayce.
    Gary's not even here anymore. And the reason people attacked your background is because you talk all high-and-mighty about it but refuse to provide any details, thus making it appear to everyone that you're lying.

I have never talked high and mighty about my career, just honestly - I've shared both the highs and the crushing disappointments - like having one of my projects implode a week before production was supposed was supposed to start - which was devastating. And I've provided tons of details about my experience - just not details that could lead to me being identified - i.e the names of the production companies I've worked for, the titles of my produced projects, etc. If you paid even the slightest attention to the substance of my feedback or my advice about the film industry you'd see that I know what I'm talking about - and a lot of the stuff I know, you can only know through experience. Which is the main reason I started mentioning my experience to begin with, was so that when I gave feedback or advice to a total novice I hoped they would take my credentials into account when weighing what I said against what was at times horrible advice and incorrect information given by people who didn't understand the craft or the business.

And keeping your identity hidden in this community was not only prudent, but pretty much a necessity because of the offline stalking that was going on here when I first started posting. A lot of people stopped posting here around that time because they were afraid. And just because Gary's not here now, doesn't mean he' won't come back. He used to disappear for months, or even years at a time and then return.

I don't care if you believe me or not Mutt, but I'll continue to share my ups and downs because as John pointed out it can help with morale or possibly impart knowledge. And because of people like you and Gary, I'll continue to do it anonymously.