HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilfindel View Post
    lol, thanks all. The advantage of having a series, I've found, is that I can put the first one on sale, and folks tend to buy the others just to have the set (assuming they enjoyed the first one enough to keep going). Eventually I'll hit that critical mass where I can retire on the proceeds from my infrequent sales on Amazon; I figure about 1000 entries in the series ought to do the trick...
    When you get enough books then you can put together an omnibus. That might drive a few bargain conscious consumers your way.

Good point. And I can do the boxed sets, and the collector's editions, too. There's all sorts of ways to milk this cash cow ;-)

Fifty Shades of Gil

Woot. I've managed to push through the pain (I buggered up my thumb this weekend taking down a dead tree in the yard, fortunately not on my mousing hand) and completed the first draft. It weighs in right on target at just a hair over 105,000 words, just about 50 more than the previous installment, as it turns out.

Now I get to start the polishing process, but I'm pretty happy with how the plot turned out, not much different from the original synopsis. With any luck, I'll be able to get this puppy online by my birthday in early August. Onward and upward...

That's fantastic man. Please let us know whenever it hits the shelves.

I just finished Sim C and I wasn't disappointed.

I admire the way you weave the backstory of Jen's parents into her current adventure and at least one of my suspicions from book one seems to be confirmed. Namely, Jen never needed an Angel in the first place, actually it's the other way around. Then again, with your talent for misdirection I'll just have to wait and see if my suspicions are finally confirmed.

Liked the new cover art too. It reflects Jen's growth as a character and gives the readers a more humanistic feel.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks, Musk! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd like to claim that I have all the twists and turns plotted out way in advance, but the truth is I'm just making things up as I go; fortunately, I haven't written myself into a corner yet ;-)

I'm working on my other series (The Order of the Shamrock) at the moment, but I should be able to get started on Simulated Assassination before the end of the year. As you might guess from the end of Simulated Conspiracy, things are about to change dramatically for Jen and Elise, but I should be able to tie up most of the loose ends. Wish me luck!

By the by, feel free to leave an extremely positive review on Amazon if you have a moment and are so inclined. I need to start attracting some eyeballs to these books...

Rogue Mutt
    Here's the actual Amazon link to your book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Simulated-Murd.../dp/B00D0ADGNK

Thanks, Mutt. That Amazon link in my post was added by the forum software; I didn't even notice it was there. I should get into the habit of including my links wherever the opportunity presents itself. Anything that makes it easier for a curious reader to have a look is worth the effort.

I wouldn't worry too much about writing yourself into a corner. You already know where this is headed, you just need to figure out the best way to get there.

Many of us have been with you all along and we are still here if you need us, but in all honesty, you are doing fine on your own.