HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Could need advice

Sorry I'm not sure if I post my concern at the right place ?

Hello Everyone,

I was searching on the Internet and found this page and so I hope to find some real help here.
    I have a few questions and could need some professional advice.
    First I need to tell you a bit more about me and what I'm planning to do, if you don't mind and would take your time to read it.
    I try my best to make it short as possible.

First, yes I am a Venerable Nanda.
    I am a Buddhist Monk in Cambodia but, actually I'm German citizen.

Before I became Buddhist Monk I was 16 years News Cameraman / Correspondent in six different war zones and after, many years Steadicam Operator, D.o.P. / Director and Producer for many different kind of film & video productions around the world.

After a rocket attack in Afghanistan I got very badly injured and I died already for almost three minutes.
    What I have seen / experienced in these three minutes, changed after my whole life. I was very lucky to got a second chance to live again and I realized I have to do something better with my new life but, it still took me 16 years more until I made my final decision to become a Buddhist Monk for the rest of my life.

I study Buddhism already since 26 years now and Meditation since around 15 years.
    After visiting more then one hundred countries and use to live in 39 different countries for a while, I found here and only here in Cambodia my real peace and decided to become Buddhist Monk but, it wasn't so easy to get this permission here as foreigner.

I am now the first official foreign Buddhist Monk in Cambodia and I have the great honor to got ordained by the King of all Cambodian Monks.

So far to this.

I became very soon a bit "famous" and not just in Cambodia.
    Many people from around the world follow and belief in me as Monk and on the beginning, it scares me a bit.
    People / Friends who know me personal and many others from my Facebook pages told me again and again,
    I should write a book about my life and now I decided to do it, because now I have the time to do it.

I never wrote a book and that's why I'm looking for any advice and help I could get and therefor I ask all of you, how I should start ? How can I find a book publisher and what else do I need to do ?

Thank you for your time. Unfortunately I can't post a Link here to my new open Facebook.

Just search for "Buddhism Cambodia / Venerable Nanda" if you like.

Your Venerable Nanda . . . 3*Sadhu _/\_

That's quite a tale, and potentially an interesting one. At this point, though, don't worry about getting an agent or a publisher; they won't talk to you until you actually have a book in hand. The best advice for you right now is: start writing. Get your thoughts down on paper, get them organized, and get someone you trust to give you honest feedback. I can tell the English is not your first language, so if you intend to write in English, some additional classes might not be a bad idea. Good luck!

Thanks, yeah I know my English isn't so well

I like to write my book of course in German and then translate from someone.

That's probably not a bad idea, if you can find a good translator. I'm not sure how much German speakers hang around here, but we'll help out however we can.

I belief that's not such a big problem to find a translator

Thank you . . . 3*Sadhu_/\_