HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Trading Reviews?

Anyone interested?

i am willing to review work and provide detailed constructive criticism to writers in fair trade

drop a line or link

Let's see some examples of your critiquing style first ;-)

i will give you the benefit of the doubt concerning your requirement to provide sufficient evidence of my ability to provide the quality of review sufficiently adequate before accepting my offer by not taking offense from having to do so. but i am inclined to say simply that the request could easily be interpreted to imply a one sided interest based solely on the gain of the one being critiqued without consideration of the other party of the transaction.

i bring this to your attention only because such arrangements exist for betterment of all involved. each participant puts effort into his critiques with the understanding of receiving in return an acceptable approximation of the effort involved.

this is merely an observation i have made based on the fact that my methods of review was the only factor brought into question and needing verification, not the quality of my own work nor the details of the offer itself.
    Last edited by rodentsoldier; 03-15-2014 at 07:49 PM.

1 example supplied

look for the name Liam Gunn. my email is supplied along with my comment, should you require proof of identification that i did in fact write it.
    Last edited by rodentsoldier; 03-15-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: needed additional info

Ah, you missed the winky emoticon at the end of my sentence. My point was that I'm not likely to sign up as a reviewing partner until I have a better sense of the quality of your critiques, preferably by participating in discussions here.
    Last edited by Gilfindel; 03-15-2014 at 09:32 PM.

no, i didn't miss it, but i'm fairly certain that i misinterpreted it, lol. i'll admit that my response bordered being uncalled for and was composed following our initial exchange. i had hoped it wasn't unnecessarily hostile and if so, i apologize for my rudeness. honestly, i had intended to be more of an obnoxious smart ass before i realized that from your perspective, you were probably dealing with an adolescent seeking attention through terrible scribblings inspired by equally bad video games.

truth told, i thought it was a fairly reasonable request. by my own words, why would you potentially commit yourself to enduring something that never should've been allowed to be put down on paper and providing the best possible improvement advice only to get a one line review in turn. one that most likely is incoherent at best and evidence of willful negligence of intellect at worst.

i hope you enjoyed both my review and the story i chose to critique- i was pleasantly surprised by the unique quality of it. however, if it's not what you're looking for, i can appreciate that and negatively respond to the rejection. after all, if we as writers can't give each other the help we need to improve, how are we going to get better?