HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ABNA Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Gilfindel View Post
    Sadly, I'm sorry to report that I didn't make the first cut. My only consolation is that 7,999 other people didn't either. Oh, well, on to create my next best-seller...
    Sorry to hear that Gil. Honestly, I question just how well they could go over 8k+ applicants work sufficiently.

I think they just go over the overviews of the books first. Gil initially posted those two grabbers. Apparently, his grabber didn't have enough grip. But as I said, it's all political. At least that's the stock excuse I use when I lose something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    I think they just go over the overviews of the books first. Gil initially posted those two grabbers. Apparently, his grabber didn't have enough grip. But as I said, it's all political. At least that's the stock excuse I use when I lose something, lol.
    I'm with ya. Everything's just a scam.

lol, there's little doubt that there's quite a bit of random chance associated with the first round; previous entrants have noted that the same pitch that got them in last year failed to catch anyone's attention this year. Not to worry, though, I'll keep myself busy until next year's contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilfindel View Post
    lol, there's little doubt that there's quite a bit of random chance associated with the first round; previous entrants have noted that the same pitch that got them in last year failed to catch anyone's attention this year. Not to worry, though, I'll keep myself busy until next year's contest.
    Yeah it's not like this was make or break for you. If I remember correctly you actually were just doing this for some extra fun, so you shouldn't feel too bad about it. It certainly isn't a valid representation of the quality of your work by any means.

I agree.