HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sci Fi Query

Understood and agreed. I appreciate your attitude on how to treat others. In the end, we're all primarily shooting for the same goal here, so it's best if we all just help each other out.

I have to admit that I did learn quite a lot. I learned that they way I had written that book didn't lend itself to a query. I had to try several different angles because I have some people that liked that book. I'm not sure if those people will like what I am doing now.
    I, too, get tired of those tries being dragged back to light when someone can not think of something better to say. I have a reason to do this, even though it is not for money and I will make it happen. I also feel that just writing a bad book is an accomplishment and people who are willing to try should be supported, not castigated.

Well, the one good thing is that since it can be done, you're free to do it back. I'd never do it unprovoked,
    but the freedom to so is a bit different.

I can just imagine the veterans here clutching the pearls with a "how DARE he" gasp at my statements
    concerning these two. They're nobody special to me, and that's not just judging from this thread.
    Talk about two-story soap boxes...sheeeeesh!

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by leedix View Post
    "I think all my critiques are excellent..."
    Of course you would. No surprise there.
    "Since we are not acquainted with sarcasm, I will now close the register."

"He's either incapable of or refuses to..."

I repeat, "Can't you just avoid his threads?"
    That's pretty hard when he's the only one posting.

Wow, that was a loaded post. I can see two major implications in it. Start with the question of why I am the only one posting and the corollary of up until a day or two ago two people replying. The administrator did jump in to say it was funny. That implies that something is seriously wrong here. I doubt that there are fewer aspiring writers now than a few years ago. So make a guess as to the problem.

The other implication has to do with a psychological need and taking you medicine in the properly proscribed fashion. It is too close to a personal attack so I will leave it be.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Wow, that was a loaded post. I can see two major implications in it. Start with the question of why I am the only one posting and the corollary of up until a day or two ago two people replying. The administrator did jump in to say it was funny. That implies that something is seriously wrong here. I doubt that there are fewer aspiring writers now than a few years ago. So make a guess as to the problem.

The other implication has to do with a psychological need and taking you medicine in the properly proscribed fashion. It is too close to a personal attack so I will leave it be.
    No members is better than dummies whose only purpose is to waste people's time.