HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Promoting my website

Hello,

I have just started a site on DreamHost, (unhappened.com), and need advice on how to get traffic.

The aim of my site is to promote a remarkable novel by someone else, not me, and I believe once it gets going, once word gets around, I believe everything will be fine.

I have added my url to as many search engines as I could find, (which probably accounts for all the visitors so far), I have emailed web-promotion companies for advice, to which very few have even replied, except to ask what I am selling, (a person), then ask for money I cannot afford.

I am a student of arts with limited funds, and I don't have much technical knowledge, but I have unlimited faith in my project of introducing the world to the most remarkable, strange, challenging, and beautifully written work I have ever read, and I have read heaps.

I do not subscribe anywhere, rarely comment, or have any efriends, (I have a few physical friends), so I am not exactly gregarious, more a quiet loner, but I am more than willing to do what it takes, even selling my old car and pay someone to get my site noticed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thankyou,

Lauren Wills

Radio. Check out a few stations that draw a large portion of the demographic you're targeting, and find out what they charge for advertising. You might be surprised. If you can catch a devoted following in a particular geographical area, sometimes it's like dropping a stone in a pond - the interest spreads. Gotta write a good ad though.

A lot depends on the kind of book. I heard of a fellow who wrote a book that contained controversial themes, and he wrote letters to the editor and had his friends send them in their names. In the letter, he'd stir the pot mostly about whatever controversial subject his book addressed, then bury a casual mention of his book in it. It worked decently for him. He wrote letters from both sides of the controversy. Sometimes he might mention only the title of the book, sometimes he'd mention his name as author, usually misspelled, and most times, the title would be incomplete or misspelled to appear authentic. It generated a decent amount of internet interest. Of course, this wouldn't work with certain genres.

Dear John Oberon,

Interesting idea, thankyou for your advice.

I can only tell you what I told a recent PR firm trying to get money from me: The true meaning of vanity publishing has finally achieved it's true meaning when people in all types of businesses: cups to cupcakes, ebooks to free music / when people knowingly pay more than they will ever hope to recover, competing for the same ad space. billybonnyband.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappened View Post
    Hello,

I have just started a site on DreamHost, (unhappened.com), and need advice on how to get traffic.

The aim of my site is to promote a remarkable novel by someone else, not me, and I believe once it gets going, once word gets around, I believe everything will be fine.

I have added my url to as many search engines as I could find, (which probably accounts for all the visitors so far), I have emailed web-promotion companies for advice, to which very few have even replied, except to ask what I am selling, (a person), then ask for money I cannot afford.

I am a student of arts with limited funds, and I don't have much technical knowledge, but I have unlimited faith in my project of introducing the world to the most remarkable, strange, challenging, and beautifully written work I have ever read, and I have read heaps.

I do not subscribe anywhere, rarely comment, or have any efriends, (I have a few physical friends), so I am not exactly gregarious, more a quiet loner, but I am more than willing to do what it takes, even selling my old car and pay someone to get my site noticed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thankyou,

Lauren Wills
    Not a fan of Yoast SEO

Try Ultimate SEO

Congrats, you are distributing a FREE eBook, why?

FREE means NO MONEY

Your title stucks, your description sucks and yoast forgot some SE's still like KEYWORDS (this is the tech look at your code)

Now if the author had say 10 more titles to sell, great use a freebie, but site for one free ebook? WHY?

So SELL SOMETHING

My 2 cents

But having the content free from Zon is GREAT

Good luck
    I created this FREE EBOOKS FORUM TOOL to help Authors hit the top of Twitter using one of my major KLOUT accounts on Twitter It's at FREE EBOOKS FORUM TO HELP AUTHORS Put your Genre in header of post within an hour you will be top of twitter for that Genre