HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

seeking excellent manuscript evaluation services

I have a memoir in about draft number 10. It's been in the hands of one publisher, and three agents, but so far no takers. Before I submit to any more, I want to have a professional manuscript evaluation done, and am looking for ideas on how to find a good one. I googled but don't have confidence to just hire someone.

Has anyone here used a manuscript evaluation service that you could recommend?

Have a look here: http://www.sfwa.org/other-resources/...eware/editors/

Lots of great advice.

Rogue Mutt
    Memoirs are hard to get published unless you're someone famous, which I presume you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    Have a look here: http://www.sfwa.org/other-resources/...eware/editors/

Lots of great advice.
    This is a great help, very informative. Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    Memoirs are hard to get published unless you're someone famous, which I presume you're not.
    Thanks for your input, yes I'm quite aware of the difficulty.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig CPM View Post
    Thanks for your input, yes I'm quite aware of the difficulty.
    Well if you want to waste hundreds or thousands of dollars on an editor for a book no one cares about, be my guest.

Well if you want to waste hundreds or thousands of dollars on an editor for a book no one cares about, be my guest.
    Would that be like the way you waste hundreds and thousands of words, on negative thinking that no one cares about?

But seriously, you are probably not all that mean and ugly as you think. You should try being nice, as a different personae, it's actually a more pleasant and helpful way to live your life, which after all is a precious opportunity. It's a horrible shame to waste your energy in petty, mean spirited thinking and behaving. Things might seem bad, but regardless of circumstances you can learn to cheer up, and to be more friendly with yourself, first of all, and then you can learn to extend that out into your life.

I wish you great success, good Rogue Mutt.
    Last edited by Craig CPM; 11-13-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Holy cats! Why that means they charge probably...at least $30/hour! lol.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    Holy cats! Why that means they charge probably...at least $30/hour! lol.
    Yeah you should get in on that.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig CPM View Post
    Would that be like the way you waste hundreds and thousands of words, on negative thinking that no one cares about?

But seriously, you are probably not all that mean and ugly as you think. You should try being nice, as a different personae, it's actually a more pleasant and helpful way to live your life, which after all is a precious opportunity. It's a horrible shame to waste your energy in petty, mean spirited thinking and behaving. Things might seem bad, but regardless of circumstances you can learn to cheer up, and to be more friendly with yourself, first of all, and then you can learn to extend that out into your life.

I wish you great success, good Rogue Mutt.
    Truth hurts, don't it bub? Whining about me being a meanie doesn't change it either, just makes you look like a first grader.