HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

What's New Here?

Its been a long time since I've been here and was just wondering about some of the new changes.

I see smoko is gone ... I also see moderators too. So are things strictly business now?

Do I need to still keep the six guns ready? And the ninja stars, Katanas, grenades, flash bangs, morning stars, butterfly knives, Rambo knife, Barret .50 Cal sniper rifle, Winchester 30-30, Glock, H&K MP5, M-16, Dillon Arrow (minigun), bazooka, RPG, javillen, Metal Storm, 105mm Howitzer, B-A-R, Riot shield, tear gas, cyanide, mustard gas, M1-A2 Abrams tank, snappy comebacks, moltov cocktail, napalm, sawed off shotgun, pump shotgun, gatling shotgun, land mine, bouncing bettys, mortars, cannons, and a pack of chewing gum ready as well?

Rogue Mutt
    Basically there's like 4 people here anymore and occasionally some poor newb wanders in.

This place must have been quite interesting before I got here.

Basically my friend, I'm the Admin from CrowdGather to watch over the place and make sure all is well, and to encourage growth where I can. In all honesty, this place is still a fun place to visit for me even though I don't know near as much about writing as the others, like Mutt here. We've actually seen a slight increase in activity lately, so it's great to see you return. I hope you'll continue to come by often and say Hello. There's still quite a bit of stuff to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    Basically there's like 4 people here anymore and occasionally some poor newb wanders in.
    Nice to see you again Rogue.

Really? Wow. That's kind of sad. I remember Leslee, Lea Zalas, Keith, Claire, just off the top of my head, another editor was around these here parts too. But then there was a huge wave of viruses that hit the sight and most people broke off and started something on facebook which I don't go to (I have a facebook or tweeter account)

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    This place must have been quite interesting before I got here.

Basically my friend, I'm the Admin from CrowdGather to watch over the place and make sure all is well, and to encourage growth where I can. In all honesty, this place is still a fun place to visit for me even though I don't know near as much about writing as the others, like Mutt here. We've actually seen a slight increase in activity lately, so it's great to see you return. I hope you'll continue to come by often and say Hello. There's still quite a bit of stuff to talk about.
    Oh yeah this place was quite lively several years ago. Lively and had kind of a wild west thing where only the tough and well armed survived. Or if you had common sense and didn't start anything or feed any of the trolls and just kept cool then you didn't have to worry about a lot too. The song by Guns N' Roses Welcome to the Jungle was a very apt description. Don't get me wrong when it was time to write and get things done ... things got done and the people here provided honest feedback.

Thinking back; there was this one flame war that went for days and days and days. The conversation was about some kind of technology or something and it just blew the heck up. Literally speaking there were craters, thick plumes of smoke, bullet holes, and brass shell casings all over the place. It took some Kahunas to be an Admin then (if there was one... they were usually scared away.) Also I think in the middle of that particular battle there was a little digital hanky panky going on as well. At times a crazy person had more sanity than most.

Good times ... bad times ... but mostly good times ... I just learned to duck and watch from a distance when stuff got started though.

Leslee held things together too, she usually talked about food though- which was always a pleasant topic. Claire was amazing; she was really good and helping one edit and improve their story, she also understood me and offered me some great advice, for writing and for life.

Now that I think about it, I can see why smoko is gone

Anyway sad to hear that its basically just four people ... hmm. Its nice to see an admin here too and I wish you well my friend. I'm sure if WN is still here after all that its gone through then this old site can rebound and become a great hub for writers and the like again.
    Last edited by Aspring Writer MKII; 10-16-2013 at 04:48 PM.

That sounds awesome, glad you had such fun here at one point. I visit many communities on a daily basis, and this is currently one of the most fun ones I have actually. An average of 4 - 5 people or not, they're still fun, and I'm glad I can help out some.

Thanks for your kind words, and I hope to see you around.

The more word gets around that we give great writing advice, the more writers will visit.