HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Lucky in all the right places

I'm pleased to announce that my second novel, Lucky, is now available as an ebook on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. If you're an old-school reader, you can also get a paperback version on Amazon and CreateSpace.

For those of you who may not have followed the earlier threads, Lucky is a young adult urban fantasy, following the trials and tribulations of Shy O'Connor as she attempts to keep the sidhe from invading Ireland.

This was an interesting experiment for me, with several firsts: my first YA story, my first first-person perspective, my first contemporary setting. I hope you enjoy the result.

By the by, if you download the ebook version, let me know if the formatting looks OK. The previews all looked good, but some of the titles are left-aligned on my iPad (using the Kindle app). I didn't have this issue with my first book, so I'm not sure what's going on.

With that behind me, it's on to the next book. I'm still working on the plot for Simulated Assault, so I'll need something else to keep my keyboard busy in the meantime. What genre should I tackle this time? ;-)

Rogue Mutt
    Amazon works better if you load an HTML file instead of a Word Doc. Also, check the text style you're using on anything not aligned properly.

Did all that. It may just be my iPad and/or the kindle app. I'm having some difficulty getting apps updated, so I suspect the issue is on my end rather than Amazon's.

Rogue Mutt
    BTW, if you want people to buy the book you should probably include some links. I mean "Lucky" is a pretty generic title.

lol, true, although my name is on the cover illustration. Searching on that does the trick.

Nonetheless, here's the Amazon link for the ebook version: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Order-Sh...dp/B00E8HKVIC/
    and for the paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-The-Orde...dp/1491217588/.

The Nook version can be found at: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/luck...=2940148659242

Enjoy!

Rogue Mutt
    I downloaded a sample to my Kindle and didn't see any formatting problems.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking it's my Kindle app, but it's still wonky even after the update. Nothing serious, just a few lines on the title pages that are left-justified instead of centered.

Just got some delightful feedback from the target audience for this book (my 16-year-old daughter Anna). She says she loved it (and believe me, she'd let me know if she didn't). Regardless of whether anyone else cares for it, that made the effort worthwhile for me. Of course, now I have to write the sequel for her...