HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Is there a way to block?

Is there a way to block users from viewing/commenting on your work? I have experienced a lot of harassment on this message board and would like thew option to keep users who harass me out of the threads that I start. I think writers and posters on this board should be able to choose who gets to see their work versus having to show it to public users who harass and abuse and lend nothing to the critique process.

Please let me know if there is an option or if this can/will be implemented so that all visitors to this board may protect themselves against unwanted harassment.

Rogue Mutt
    I sure hope there is so I can block you. And maybe John Oberon.

(Incidentally, Diem's idea of "harrassment" is people who give him a compliment and whom he then curses at and calls names.)

^ This is the user who is continually harassing me. I would like to block him. Thank you.

Rogue Mutt
    ^ This is the user who is continually harassing me. I would like to block him. Thank you.

I mean all I said was "Now you're getting it." And for that I was called a sock puppet, a coward, and a bully repeatedly and told to GTFO (guess what the F means in that?). And now he/she is trying to act like I'm victimizing him/her. I'm sorry people didn't love his/her story, but you don't need to take it out on me.

Found it: http://www.writers.net/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist

I would still like the option to block specific users from viewing/replying to the threads that I start. Simply ignoring them just hides their message from your view; it does nothing to prevent harassment and thread hijacking.

Rogue Mutt
    Don't worry Diem, I've got you on my ignore list too. If we just ignore each other that should work pretty well.