HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mutt...

Rogue Mutt
    It typically helps in day-to-day life to have some knowledge of pop culture beyond 1970. lol But really come on there are stories all the time about so-and-so taking something to Antiques Roadshow and finding out it's worth tons of money. How can you honestly miss all those newspaper and TV stories? I bet even Fox "News" has run a few of them.

I don't watch TV, Mutt, or at least not much. To me, all of TV is trivial. My life is much too important to invest even a second of it to triviality. I'm pretty sure I've heard about Antique Roadshow, but to me, it's knowledge to discard and replace with substantial knowledge and culture that doesn't "pop" then disappear. I get my culture primarily through books and talking to people.

I'd be interested to know in what ways you think it "helps in day-to-day life to have some knowledge of pop culture".

Rogue Mutt
    I doubt you have much to say to people then. That would explain why you spend so much time lately trying to bait me into lengthy discussions.

Oh, I have plenty to say, lol. We just have different ideas about what's worth saying.

I find people enjoy my company more because I listen to them rather than because of how much I say to them.

I don't look at it as "baiting" you into a discussion. I happen to like debate and discussion, and I never need baited into it. Typically, you bait someone into something they don't want to do. Frankly, you're intelligent enough that it never occurred to me that you don't like to discuss things. But if that's the case, it easy enough to remedy - don't take the bait, lol. But I think you must like debate at least to a certain degree. You like the give of it, not so much the take, lol.
    Last edited by John Oberon; 06-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Rogue Mutt
    OK, back to infinitely not giving a crap.
    Last edited by Rogue Mutt; 06-11-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Rogue Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    OK, back to infinitely not giving a crap.
    I think that attitude probably characterizes much of your life.

Did you design the cover?

Rogue Mutt

Rogue Mutt
    The attachment is a nifty feature. Then you don't have to worry about the format getting mangled by the forum software.