HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Movie Poster

Hybrid View

Movie Poster

Just saw the poster for my latest film. Always surreal to see my name in the credits.

Rogue Mutt
    Huzzah. I'll be sure to go watch [unnamed movie] just as soon as I can.

You know I can't name it, Rogue, if I did I'd indirectly identify myself and you know I'm not comfortable doing that on this site. Primarily because of people like you and Gary who like to make totally bogus and defamatory accusations about me.

It's a small independent film, a release date hasn't been set and it probably won't get a wide release. And I'm not sure it's something that would interest you anyway, it's an edgy psychological drama.

I have another film that's wrapping production this month. There's interest from a major independent distributor, so that one has a better shot at a wide release.

Hope you're having success with your writing.

Rogue Mutt
    You don't have any idea what kind of movies I watch. I just don't see the point in posting this if you aren't trying to drum up support for your movie. And I'm pretty sure Gary hasn't been here in a long time, so you're worrying about him for nothing.

Rogue Mutt
    Incidentally, my book [name redacted] is in the top 100 free thrillers on Amazon.

I posted because I like to share good news with other writers and assume that people on this site would be happy that someone on this site hit a milestone with one of their projects.

Glad to hear your book is getting downloads. Sorry to hear you're not making money on it. I'm not being facetious here. As someone who does her best to support herself off her writing, it bothers me that a good writer has to give his book away.

That's why for now at least, I'm going the writer for hire route on the prose side as well as the film side. I'm currently negotiating with a book packager to ghostwrite a novel. That way I'll get get paid, even if I don't get credit.