HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question for the experienced "oldies" :)

You know who you are! LOL

If you had been hoofing your MS about for years and getting some encouraging rejections (like it was *almost* there, not crap or anything like that) and then suddenly you had an epiphany and wrote it differently, because over the years you had matured and improved so much as a writer.. would you, could you, approach all those agents and publishers again and tell them that you changed it, and beg them (LOL) to give it another shot?

Would that be a waste of time? Would that annoy the hell out of them?

Just thinking aloud. Your views would be very welcome.

Someone told me not to even mention I had sent it before and just chance my arm, because chances are they would not remember, but I am scared to do that, in case they do and they don't even try to read again.

Thanks for your time.

I wouldn't mention the change specifically, I would simply re-write the query to reflect the change and send it around again. It won't annoy them. They want good books. They're searching for them. If you've written a good book, they want it.

If you still feel uncomfortable about it, use a pseudonym, or if you've been using a pseudonym, use your real name. Later, after you're successful, you can share a laugh about how you "fooled" them into accepting a MS they once rejected.

That's about it for me.

Thanks so much, Johh. I guess what I really didn't want to hear was that I shouldn't do it, and I sure didn't hear that from you.

Great advice. Have a good day.

I agree with John. I doubt they'll remember the query unless they read the full. Another trick is to give your book a different title.

Go for it!

Jeanne

Thank you, Jeanne. You sneaky thing.

All such great advice. I knew I was asking in the right place.

By the way, I've been reading your blog. Keep writing! Others are reading too, I'm sure.

Thank you so much, John.

I just had a drama getting a decent sitemeter because the one I was using has a glitch. So I just installed another. I am interested to see where my readers are.

My aim is to get much more disciplined with my writing and I've no excuse now since I got my new laptop

Thanks for reading and sticking with it. I promise to try to make it more interesting and varied to keep you with me. Would you be so kind as to leave a comment from time to time (if something inspires you to do so of course) as I'm trying to encourage interaction and healthy exchange. I've had a few comments. I know people hate being the first!

Have a great day.

Debbi

I tried a couple times to leave a comment, but it didn't work. I'll try again soon.

For those of you wondering what the heck we're talking about:

http://debbivoisey.wordpress.com

John. You're a ledge (legend). This is something good this side of the pond.

John

Your comment came through okay. Thanks.