HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Tech question for fellow writers.

As many of you may or may not know, my old computer and Vista system has developed a knack for giving me fits and it is a constant battle for me to resist the urge to toss it out the nearest window.

There is a good chance Mrs. Musketeer and Santa will see I get a new one and I was wondering if any of you have discovered any systems or programs that are more 'writer friendly' than others.

Windows and Word has always Worked for me.

Love Apple, would prefer it, but can't afford it.

I, too, have Vista. But except for one computer crash, everything's been pretty good for me. Of course, that is in part due to the fact that I am a little OCD about saving my work (I save a copy of everything I do onto three different flash drives), otherwise I would have taken an axe to my computer when it crashed. But I am looking at other options. I think I've finally settled on having my son build me a custom computer (he does this for a living).

As for programs, I absolutely LOVE Open Office because I can save it in any format I want, it doesn't cost a thing, and I've found it to be very comparable, and sometimes better than Word.