HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Great article about debut author

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/14...ylink=misearch

Great article about a debut author who had a publisher bidding war over her novel. I enjoyed the techniques she employed, specifically, getting the inspiration for her novel from a painting, and listening to music of her teen years to recapture the angst.

98 views and no comments?

Genn has been active on QueryTracker, and I follow her on Twitter. I had no idea times were so tough for them before she sold her book. I do remember her story, however, of Mollie Glick flying out to court her. That was pretty wild.

Jeanne

Oh, I didn't realize she was twittering and such. I thought QT was just a place to, well, track your queries, lol. Is there a forum there too, or something? I don't follow any authors, am not on twitter ...maybe I should start.

There is a very active forum on QT. It's a great place to get feedback on queries, too. Go to the main QT page and look under resources. You'll find a link to the QT forum. And, yes, it's worth getting on Twitter. Tons of agents, writers, lit mags, and editors tweet. In fact, I think there are more publishing folks than any other kind on Twitter (except politicians!)

Jeanne

Can I just bookmark their twitter pages and read them? (I assume they're all public?) If I got on twitter myself then I'd have to tweet and get followers myself or look ...pathetic ...right?

Any in particular you recommend?