HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Smoko Gone?

Yes...odd, isn't it? I guess she made herself the equivalent of a profanity to the mods, lol.

That particular neo-Nazi should have been censored years and years ago. He (L I L Y was a man, man)was one reason I left.

By the time I had enough of WN, it was definitely like Lea says...you'd be stalked from one forum to another by a couple of those Messianic psychotics who couldn't bend you to their will. I for one became thoroughly sick of it.

The level of race hatred, pathological lying, sock puppetry and rightwing power fantasies that went on in Smoko shouldn't have been allowed to thrive on a writer's forum. Plenty of other places on the interwebs for that kind of thing.

If Smoko is gone, good riddance to bad karma.

Welcome back, Mark!

I don't miss Smoko at all. It left a very bad taste with me. But the writing discussions are starting to come around, there's more members joining, and I hope WN will start thriving as a writers forum again.

Hah...I didn't know L i l y was male.

Well, I think it's much better without Smoko too. Just wait. The membership's building to critical mass, and it'll start popping soon.

I never knew L i l y was a guy, either. Somehow, that just made it scarier. (Just in time for Halloween! )

Years ago L I L Y was outted as an Alaskan-based male writer who had a particular hate-on for a particular female member of WN. As I recollect, the whole purpose of the cyber-transgendering was to harrass that WN member, not only as L I L Y but as a host of other sock puppets. But everybody's memory in Smoko was (appropriately so, I guess) exceptionally short. L I L Y'S volume of posts overwhelmed those of his victim who eventually had better things to do than be stalked and she stopped participating.

It goes without saying that the troll formerly known as "L i l y" was really mentally ill.

And an incredible coward.
    Last edited by Mark Ellis; 09-13-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Well, I talked with him/her for a little, but that's all it required for me to determine there was SOMEthing wrong. I figured if he/she really believed the things he/she said, then mental illness or a bent moral compass or both was to blame. And if he/she didn't really believe the things he/she said, then troll. Either way, not a person to spend too much time on. I didn't know about the stalking.

He/she really appeared to believe in nazi ideology. I don't think it was an act.