HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Spreading the word when you are self published

Hi folks,

I was just wondering for those of you who have published your books independently, what did you do to market it?

I am currently in the process of getting ready to start a marketing blitz for my superhero(ine) manuscript The Silver Ninja. However, I am not very familiar with writing circles and I do need help in knowing who and where I should reach out to.

I do have a twitter, blog, and a website in the process of being built. I would love to hear recommendations on what I should do to reach my target audience.

A book trailer is a good idea, too...particularly if your project is about a highly-visual concept like super-heroes. The video I've linked to is for a graphic novel and intended to be the centerpiece of a Kickstarter campaign, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpX8veNwDew

Very cool!

In fact, I was actually planning on doing a book trailer and have already hired some artists to get ready for production. Marketing wise I think I've got a good handle, but finding places to get exposure is the one that baffles me.