HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: short stories

short stories

I have asked advice from my favorite author, and he said it's almost impossible to get an agent if i want to publish short stories. I don't know how to get agents and just want to find publishers like ezines and magazines to post to. I really love writing stories, and realistically know i won't earn much but doesn't matter.
    It is possible to find some publishers that don't require agents right?
    Anne Rice actually started with short stories too.

Ilkar. Check out Duotrope.com. They have a searchable listing of magazines looking for shorts and novellas. I think they also have listings for contests and publishers looking for stories for anthologies. Good luck!!!

Administrator
    You don't need an agent to submit or publish short stories. Just Google "short story submissions", research the publishing possibilities and submit away. Good luck.

I'm so happy to get replies! Yup i do go to duotrope digest, only one or two replied. Blackgate rejected my stories and i think the Wolfsinger... I was not too hurt by that but I do hope there's some luck. So where can I post here for opinions?
    Are you blunt in criticism? I don't mind some editing and reviews.

I can't speak for the others, but I'm pretty blunt.

Post wherever is suitable, whichever forum that fits the piece you want to post.