Part 6: On Political Philosophy

Ch. 28 – On Global Political Solutions
    Ch. 29 – The Enlightened Party
    Ch. 30 – Taxation vs. Consumer Savings
    Ch. 31 – How Politicians Mistakenly Took Advantage of Democracy
    Ch. 32 – One Simple Step to Create World Peace
    Ch. 33 – Galactic Economic Sustainability Theory
    Ch. 34 – On Enlightenment vs. Darkness

I have a question on what the right publishing path would be for me. It seems like a lot of major book publishing agencies are not interested in original philosophy.

Well, most of it doesn't look too original to me. I think you may need to tighten your focus quite a bit. People write books on Political Philosophy, Epistemology, and Nutrition and Well Being. If these subjects are just a part of your book, then you can't address them in anything but a cursory fashion unless your book is about 1200 pages.

Get yourself a copy of Writer's Market. Look up the agents interested in religion, politics, and philosophy. Send a query to 20 or 30 agents and wait for a bite. I don't think you'll be selling this without the help of an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    Well, most of it doesn't look too original to me. I think you may need to tighten your focus quite a bit. People write books on Political Philosophy, Epistemology, and Nutrition and Well Being. If these subjects are just a part of your book, then you can't address them in anything but a cursory fashion unless your book is about 1200 pages.

Get yourself a copy of Writer's Market. Look up the agents interested in religion, politics, and philosophy. Send a query to 20 or 30 agents and wait for a bite. I don't think you'll be selling this without the help of an agent.
    Yea it is quite simple. But Leonardo said simplicity is sophistication and plus breaking down complex problems into simplicity allows for solutions easily. & Writer's Market costs money and I do not have that. But yea it seems I might have to stay on this journey of the lengthy process of trying to get my book published the normal way. The process seems very hard though. ... I might try marketing techniques.

You'll find Writer's Market at the library for free.

I didn't say simple. Those subjects are hardly simple by any measure. I said cursory, as in rudimentary or undeveloped.

Most of what appears simple requires a heckuva lot of thought and hard work to appear that way, even if you are a genius like Da Vinci. If you are 21 as you say, I seriously doubt that you possess the experience or knowledge to write much more than a novice, and most likely, an ill-informed and silly opinion on these subjects you list, but I could be wrong. Have you at least graduated from college?

By the way, what's the one simple step to create world peace?

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    You'll find Writer's Market at the library for free.

I didn't say simple. Those subjects are hardly simple by any measure. I said cursory, as in rudimentary or undeveloped.

Most of what appears simple requires a heckuva lot of thought and hard work to appear that way, even if you are a genius like Da Vinci. If you are 21 as you say, I seriously doubt that you possess the experience or knowledge to write much more than a novice, and most likely, an ill-informed and silly opinion on these subjects you list, but I could be wrong. Have you at least graduated from college?
    No I did not even graduate from high school. But I'm a philosophical seasoned veteran.

Are you a published writer?

Anyone that can help me out with finding an agent or getting published can get 100% of my personal profits.
    I'll call the book "Earth's Messiah: So(u)l Art" so you can maximize your profit. You'll essentially be my second agent and you'd have to send out a query to each desired agent by yourself.

A high school dropout, philosophical seasoned veteran...alrighty. I vote you get some education under your belt. Doesn't the military have pretty good educational benefits? Get your GED and start drinking up some college.

I am a professional writer/illustrator. I have not published any books, if that's what you mean, but I am paid to write.

You're going to give away all your profits to anyone who can find you an agent...well, if you're an awful writer, 100% of nothing is nothing. Maybe you could post some of your writing as an incentive. And of course, you'd have to sign a contract assigning all profits from your book to whoever takes you up on your offer.

How is that particular title supposed to maximize profit? Is it an incantation or something?

I am going to be in the jungle for a couple months so I can not check this all the time. But post if your interested.