HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

great short story

I just read a free Amazon download of a short story from a writer I've never heard of:Allison M Dickson. The story was called DUST. I have to give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5. It reminded me of early Stephen King; I'm not exaggerating and, I know what you're thinking, but I don't know her.

There were also several other of her short stories for free. If the others I downloaded are even nearly as good, I'll be buying some. Check them out. It was a pleasant surprise.

I've been pleasantly surprised by a few free e-books I've downloaded. Most of them still need a good editing, but the stories were very good.

Lea. Yeah. The Dust story could have used an edit; I think she started in the wrong place, which was why I only gave it a 4 1/2. I've read 2 more of her stories, but they weren't nearly as good.

Oh how do you read the free downloads of those? I want to support new authors because I also contribute to online sites. Sometimes one or two might agree to feature mine.

Ilkar. Amazon has hundreds, maybe thousands, of free stories and books. Some writers provide free stories as an inducement to buy their novels.