HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mods - Please help an old timer on here!

Hi there

I have been a member of Writers Net for ten years but recently had problems with the new log in system and had to register again.

Now I only have 10 posts so wonder if you could please up the count to over 100 (I must have done a thousans over the years!) so that I can have access to all the forums. I am sure this is something that you could do.

Any of the old, regular members on here will vouch for me, so I hope to have no issues with this request.

I would be so grateful if you could help me with this. Please get in touch to let me know what is happening. I have also PM'd you.

Many thanks for your time.

Debbi Voisey

Damn that Mercury Retrograde!

Anything to do with computers, communication, and travel . . . . Hell, even the airline employees are going postal.

*_*
    Last edited by Kitty Foyle; 03-29-2012 at 04:55 AM.

No doubt about it mods...Debbie is an OLD member. Ancient.

Isn't it a good feeling to tout your age as an advantage, Debbie?

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    No doubt about it mods...Debbie is an OLD member. Ancient.

Isn't it a good feeling to tout your age as an advantage, Debbie?
    Making assumptions, Bible John? Debbie could have joined (originally) when she was a 20-year-old twerp, and now be 30. Maybe you call that old, I sure don't.

*_*

Mods, I also remember Debbi and the many posts that she contributed to.

I don't think the mods are doubting Debbi's authenticity. I think they or their engineers just don't know how to remedy the situation.

Guys, are you still in touch with Victoria? As Jena said, she might know what to do.

"What a revolting development this is!"

*_*

LOL John... yeah.

Kitty, I am sure you are right and they don't doubt me. And if they don't know how to help, that's fine. But I know someone is around because my posts to build up my score seem to have been deleted. So it would be nice if they just acknowledged that they are looking at the problem, and not just leave me hanging. It's like the "flight delay" syndrome. Nothing worse than being stranded at the airport and no one tells you the reason why!

Communication, people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbi V View Post
    Communication, people!!!
    What an interesting concept. I thought it caught on a while back, but I must be mistaken.
    Cindy

And be at peace... the universe is unfolding as it should

Debbi, from this past October (when no new members were permitted to enter these hallowed gates) until sometime in February we heard ZILCH from the mods. There were not able (or they refused?) to answer our questions about, well, anything at all. Were you around then? I see you posted last month, in February. (I did a Search for your whole name.)

This left us very frustrated, needless to say. Even though WN is a board for writers, these guys are not what you would call chatty. Rather, they seem to be communications-challenged.

As for deleting some of your posts (the 1,2,3,4, etc.), the mods did the same thing with simba. He too tried to bulk up his quota, and for a while there was posting stuff like, "42 barrels of beer on the wall." It didn't work for him either.

Somebody mentioned Dragon earlier. Yeah, did The Beast wander off to greener pastures? I saw CG here yesterday, but I too wonder why he couldn't have posted a little something here.

Bummer Big Time, I agree.

*_*

(If I remember correctly, I think Sapphire had the same trouble you're having. Her "complaint" threads about this have been sent to That Great Big Garbage Dump in the Sky.)
    Last edited by Kitty Foyle; 03-30-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Mmmm... well I totally understand why someone's posts to bulk up their score would be deleted. Otherwise the rule would be silly, and there are benefits to restricting certain areas to longer lasting posters, to weed out the trolls.

But... if the mods were doing their job, they would be reading and would know what was what. If my posts have been deleted then a mod is definitely here, and it is very disappointing that nothing is being done. Not even an email to me personally, or a PM.

Very shabby.

*sigh* Oh well.