HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Book Launch

How did the book launch go, Gary?

Quote Originally Posted by leslee View Post
    How did the book launch go, Gary?
    It went fine so far (a rolling launch with several book signings and program over the next two months). I was on a panel with John Gilstrap at the Virginia Festival of the Book, and we had folks hanging from the rafters. It's usually good to combine with other authors on these book programs. I had to host a table at the luncheon where Jeffery Deaver spoke and everyone at my table came to my panel and bought at least one copy of my book. I left the table without eating much of anything, though, as it was one of those plates of food that you had to fight with on getting to your mouth without looking the fool and finishing with spinach in your teeth.

Ha! Yeah, it is better to skip the food in those situations. I'm glad to hear it went so well and people bought the book.

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    Should pack some snacks next time. Don't need to be getting a headache from not eating. Just remember not to bring anything that would give you garlic or onion breath. (:

Glad your weekend went well.
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Clementine View Post
    Should pack some snacks next time. Don't need to be getting a headache from not eating. Just remember not to bring anything that would give you garlic or onion breath. (:

Glad your weekend went well.
    I'm not really new to this. I knew I wasn't eating much of the lunch before I went to lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kessler View Post
    I'm not really new to this. I knew I wasn't eating much of the lunch before I went to lunch.
    I had a feeling I might be preaching the choir, but I couldn't helping giving some advice. It's mom thing I guess.
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Clementine View Post
    I had a feeling I might be preaching the choir, but I couldn't helping giving some advice. It's mom thing I guess.
    I actually can't eat much on a book signing day (or a play or concert--I've worked in the theater). When it's over, I come home and reach for the ice cream.

I'm happy it went so well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kessler View Post
    I actually can't eat much on a book signing day (or a play or concert--I've worked in the theater). When it's over, I come home and reach for the ice cream.
    I am so the same way, but I always end up with a killer headache if I don't eat something earlier.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Zalas View Post
    I'm happy it went so well for you.
    Thanks. I could have used more advance publicity. Copies were sent, but none of the local papers covered it (yet).