HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tinman View Post
    I can afford .99 for another Writers Net writer...if it's on Amazon. Good Luck!!!

You might also want to check with Amazon to see if .99 is in their sweet spot for pricing. Authors receive 75% royalties, if it is . . . I think lol
    Ummm. I answered that already. $2.99 is the Amazon sweet spot for pricing.

Gary. Sorry, I didn't notice. But my understanding is that $2.99 is the pricing floor for the 75% royalties. I think $2.99 - $9.99 qualify for 75% royalties in the US and Canada. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tinman View Post
    Gary. Sorry, I didn't notice. But my understanding is that $2.99 is the pricing floor for the 75% royalties. I think $2.99 - $9.99 qualify for 75% royalties in the US and Canada. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Thanks.
    That's right. But the most competitive sales point at Amazon is $2.99.

simba major
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Foyle View Post
    More than a little. Why not include it with the others?

*_*
    With all due respect, you hve not read my book.

simba major
    I just found out that Trafford takes 50% of the list price of the ebook so I opted out of that and will upload it myself, hopefully starting this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by simba major View Post
    I just found out that Trafford takes 50% of the list price of the ebook so I opted out of that and will upload it myself, hopefully starting this weekend.
    Does your contract with Trafford allow for that? You'd better check. If they have the electronic rights encumbered (which most would), you don't have the right to list it separately.

Quote Originally Posted by simba major View Post
    With all due respect, you hve not read my book.
    You're right, I haven't. I tried the Trafford bookstore link again, but it's down. (Does this happen often?) I was going to read the blurb for the second time.

Guess it's just me, then. From reading your teaser, Defending Your Life was the first thought that came to me. It too had a review of the dead guy's life, but the whole past life, not just a year. DG didn't ask to live the last year of his life over again, true, but he had to incarnate instead.

BTW, the movie is one of my all-time favorites.

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kessler View Post
    Does your contract with Trafford allow for that? You'd better check. If they have the electronic rights encumbered (which most would), you don't have the right to list it separately.
    Caught the Trafford website up, and it looks like there are no impediments to posting a e-book separately.

simba major
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kessler View Post
    I checked with them by phone. They agreed and will send confirming email.

Sorry. Above I said 75% royalties. It's 70%.