HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slogan for a nightclub

I'm trying to come up with a slogan for a nightclub in Nashville. It makes me think of a slogan I read at a restaurant/bar in Iowa. "Next to and sometimes in the Mississippi." My favorite. (And true!)

Anybody here have a favorite? I need inspiration. Thanks.

Well, what kind of nightclub is it? Is it known for anything? Or is it just your run of the mill honky tonk, or what?
    Last edited by John Oberon; 03-05-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Or is it just your run of the mill honky tonk nightclub
    John: I assure you, as a former patron of perhaps every barroom from Beaumont to Benghazi, the term honky tonk nightclub is an oxymoron. (As in, get your ox out'a my nightclub, you moron, this ain't no honky tonk.)

Quote Originally Posted by jayce View Post
    John: I assure you, as a former patron of perhaps every barroom from Beaumont to Benghazi, the term honky tonk nightclub is an oxymoron. (As in, get your ox out'a my nightclub, you moron, this ain't no honky tonk.)
    lol. You're right.

There, fixed it. I was just shooting for a little more information as to size and clientele and such. For example, I know in Knoxville there's nightclubs with and without live bands. There's a lot of country, but rock nightclubs aren't uncommon. You know, just a little more grist for the mill.

Its name is Ruby's. It serves good food, drinks and live entertainment to clientele ranging from state legislators to cowboy/girl types to college students. No misbehaving allowed.

I'm thinking of using "gem" or "jewel" in the slogan. Thanks for your replies. This little ol' thread was getting lonely.

Isn't Nashville known as 'The Music City'? Or the heart of the music industry or something? Could you do something with that?

Sorry, probably don't know enough about it to help :/

How about: "Where everyone comes to drink"

Nashville is Music City. You're right, Susan. Although now it's also known as NashVegas.

Hmm, Lea. I like the [I]Where everyone comes[/I ]part - and I mean that as goes to or arrives, sheesh. They come to drink, eat, and listen to bands.

Where everyone comes for fun. I'll work on it! Thanks.

The Jewel of Music City?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Young View Post
    Its name is Ruby's. It serves good food, drinks and live entertainment to clientele ranging from state legislators to cowboy/girl types to college students. No misbehaving allowed.

I'm thinking of using "gem" or "jewel" in the slogan. Thanks for your replies. This little ol' thread was getting lonely.
    For myself, I wouldn't use the obvious "gem" or "jewel". I'd use words that characterize or are associated with gems: clear, clarity, color, sparkle, sparkling, caret, cut, shiny, mount, mounting, necklace, ring, engagement, gift, and so on for as long as you can string the words. So:

For a sparkling good time!
    80 caret entertainment at a 10 caret price!
    The clearcut choice for a quality evening.

Like that.

Thank you, John! I like those.