HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Support Team
    Let's keep this topic on point and focused on the submitted writing.

The discussion of word usage may be off-topic, but it's still about writing.

Liza B.
    I thought it applied to the submitted writing because we were trying to interpret and learn the proper usage of a word that was used to describe the work. So isn't that staying on topic? I found the conversation interesting.

It is interesting.

And we're all getting along, isn't that nice?

Administrator
    It is nice that everyone is getting along. However, to CG Stephen's point, the thread should be directed back toward critiquing the work submitted, and how to help improve it vs. an extended discussion about what expostulate means, etc. I don't believe the word itself was used in the work submitted.

It seemed to me that AC got plenty of good advice -- more so than a lot of folks.

If threads detour off to other areas -- as threads are wont to do when writers are involved -- there are clever ways to steer the topic back to its original purpose. But nobody volunteered or sallied forth; there were no takers. And will there be now?

*_*

To me it seems self-defeating to instruct WN members to stick to the original topic or discuss nothing at all. As long as we are still discussing something related to writing, what's the problem? Even if we go completely off topic but we're getting along and having fun, what's the harm?

When AC returns and posts again regarding his/her work, the thread will logically return to that subject. I don't see anything wrong with keeping the place warm until he/she returns.
    Last edited by leslee; 02-29-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Dragon,

Ever heard of a leash snubbed too short? That's what you and CG are doing on this thread.

The discussion was about the meaning of a word, fa crissake.

Sigh.

Cur

In other words, if we don't have anything to say directly related to the original post, we shouldn't say anything at all? Gosh. That's gonna be...like...FREEEAAAKIN' IMPOSSIBLE!