HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunayna Prasad View Post
    I already graduated from high school in June. I'm in college now. Even here, insensitive remarks aren't tolerated.
    I already promised myself I wouldn't come in here. So it is not my fault.
    Q: Have you ever played a game?
    Q: When playing a game, do you play to win?
    Q When playing to win, do you do what it takes?
    OR is participating all that is really important?

I am probably a little older than you, in that I am close to ending my working life and life in general. When I play anything, I play to win and get the hell out of my road or you will get hurt!

Q: Have you been in business?
    get the hell out of my road or you will get hurt!

Q: How many books of fiction published in the US last year, this year and every year, made money or broke even?
    A: 20%
    If you want a publisher to publish your book and probably lose money, he better be sure you got what it takes to get it to print, after you polish it some.

Q: Do you want fame, fortune, recognition?
    Q: Possible the best writer of fiction ever to date, Charles Dickens how much fame, fortune, recognition, did he get in his lifetime?
    A: Zero.
    He CRAVED IT!, he got ZERO!

You think you have a hard life? You are getting a hard time?
    Then stop coming here. Stop going to agents, publishers and other mean people in the FICTION industry.
    Am I being hard on you? Hell yeah!
    = get the hell out of my road or you will get hurt!

Everyone who has been there, and done that, to any level of success will tell you that if they knew how hard it was going to be b4 they started, they would never have embarked on the journey.
    PMA stands for Positive Mental Attitude so go and find that section in the book store. Self Help covers the same thing. It is all about how to make it big, by someones rules who has done it. OR thinks they know how it goes.

I suggest that if you think EVERYONE in our industry is mean, get the hell out of my road or you will get hurt! I came to writing late in life and got cut to ribbons. Now I am a big boy and no my way around a lot of things. I have fought for a living and nearly died for a living. So I am no pussy cat. But when I came here I found that my current standard was not going to make it. The funny thing is, I never came here to "help make it". I came here looking for a real writer. If you find my first post, which was here b4 they changed the software, then you can verify that.

I have completed 20 works of fiction, does that qualify me as a writer, nope, nothing does, ask Charles Dickens. Sunny, if you wanna write, write. To be published or even read, is a whole different ball game. BUT write cos it pleases you, not someone else, ask Charles Dickens!

F: alse
    E:vidence
    Apearing
    R:eal
    !

Q: Possible the best writer of fiction ever to date, Charles Dickens how much fame, fortune, recognition, did he get in his lifetime?
    A: Zero.
    He CRAVED IT!, he got ZERO!
    That's absolute bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by jayce View Post
    That's absolute bull****.
    Right. Charles Dickens became an international celebrity with the serialization of his Pickwick Papers, starting in 1837, at the age of twenty-five (he died at fifty-eight). Found this description of how eagerly his serializations were welcomed: "New Yorkers were so eager to read the final installment of The Old Curiosity Shop that they couldn't wait for the ship carrying the magazine to dock. Six thousand people crowded the wharf, yelling to the sailors as the ship approached, 'Does Little Nell die?'" (from About the Authors, by Alfed and Emily Glossbrenner)

Rather than not much fame, fortune, or recognition, this reads like the early nineteenth-century version of opening sales day for the next Harry Potter release.