HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Readers groups

Readers groups

I'm looking for a small group of readers/writers who are interested in the same genre as I am (adult horror)to read my stuff and give me input.

It's nice to have people on here read small bits and make suggestions, but when you reach a certain point, you need people familiar with your genre.

Does anyone know of a site where I might find this? Thanks!!

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    No, but you already know I want to read your story. I'm no pro, but I'd be happy to critique it for you.
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Tin,

I'm not an avid horror reader, but I've read quite a few over the years.

I'm willing to read the first twenty pages if you think it'd be useful. Send me a PM with an address where I can reach you. I'll send you one where you can reach me.

Jesus Christ, this is like grade school where kids say, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

No problem if you'd rather not have me read.

Cur

Miranda. I wasn't sure if you were just being nice. I'll be sure to send it when I'm done. I'd love the insight. Thanks!!!

Cur. Great!!! I'm actually most interested in receiving comments on a short story I'm working on. It's not finished yet, but when it is, I'll send you a PM. Thanks!!!

BTW. I don't show mine anymore...had too many women laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tinman View Post
    Miranda. I wasn't sure if you were just being nice. I'll be sure to send it when I'm done. I'd love the insight. Thanks!!!
    Nope, I was serious. Just send a PM when you're ready. I'd be happy to read your shorts as well.

Sorry, I missed this before.
    Last edited by Miranda Clementine; 02-19-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: -Also also
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Wow Tinman, how lucky are you to have the offers from Cur and Miranda! Miranda and I swapped novels, she was incredibly helpful, and I gained a good friend. I'm certain Ol Cur will have valuable caveman advice for you!

Hi Amy. Hope you've been having fun.

Yes, I am lucky. Miranda has helped me plenty too, just from the few samples I've posted on here. She'd make a great editor lol. I'm sure Cur will be a lot of help too; it will be nice to receive both a male and female viewpoint.

Now if I could just find someone to stand behind my writing chair with a whip, I might get something done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tinman View Post
    Now if I could just find someone to stand behind my writing chair with a whip, I might get something done.
    Here y'go, Tinman. She doesn't want you sittin' in no chair, though.

*_*

awww

Amy and Tinman, "I can no other answer make but thanks."

You two are too sweet, I appreciate the compliments, and I'm glad I was able to help. (:

LMAO Kitty!!
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC