HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ****'s recruiting.

Or maybe talking to herself.

It's hard to tell.

A **** by any other name . . . Same old ****.

Greg,

I didn't see anything "nasty" in leslee's comments. She was straightforward, honest. Not nasty. I agree with her comments and those of John. And others.

What you have isn't a query. As you said, it's a first draft. But it's not the first draft of a query.

You've said you're not a writer. Nothing wrong with that if you have a compelling tale to tell. That said, you still have to sell your tale. Your dream agent is not likely to read more than the first two paragraphs of your Q unless she is utterly captivated. Have you studied the business enough to know why that is the case? If not, do so.

Do you see why the opening of your Q doesn't reach the captivating standard? Seriously, if you wish to see your memoir published, spend some time learning about query letters. They're a bit like haiku. A certain form is usually followed. Is that always true? Certainly not. This is cliche, but it may be important for you to learn the "rules" before breaking them.

I don't get the sense you want comment from we lowly WNers after communing with Marcel. Whoever the fvck he is.

Contrary to Marcel's propaganda (****, are you there?), there are smart people here. The board hasn't withered on the vine because we're losers. It's been the victim of serial trolls and a major infection causing it to be shut down for several months not so long ago. When a board is shut down, people migrate elsewhere.

I'm prolly wasting my time and yours. Last thought. Go ahead and send your Q. You've received poor advice here. Send it out.

Cur

I did revise it, and I posted it.

Greg, when you align yourself with known trolls, you may end up with goat **** on your head.

As for not being a writer--the fact that you're writing (and have even completed a project) makes you a writer. Unpublished, to be sure. But still a writer.

Now I'm alligned with people? This is like Survivor. Go ahead pile on folks. You know you love to.

That post makes it clear. Definitely ****.
    Last edited by leslee; 01-31-2012 at 12:03 PM.

There were no doubts here. She can change her IP with every post but not her slime trail.

I don't know about ****, but Marcel and Greg are the same person. They both use the verboten phrase, "recently completed" in their queries - you'll see what I mean if you've checked out Marcel's query which he just posted.

There were no doubts here.

I'm out of practice. Things seemed ****-free for a while.