HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The latex sales division of Vandelay Industries

Let's talk about writing!

Wow, the writing forums have gone the way of the dodo. What's everyone working on?

I had to take several months off but am finally back up to speed. The reasons were positive (mostly professional) but I was still a bear without my keyboard. My wife finally told me to make daily writing time or she would muzzle me!

So, lucky for me I have the best agent on the planet. She told me to get my job sitch squared away and call her. I did and we're revising the MG I was working on last summer. I should have revisions complete by the end of Feb and hope to submit well before the late summer slow-down. How about you?

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
    - Bob Dylan

Hey Keith! Good idea. And good luck with the revisions!

I submitted a proposal for a sequel to my YA paranormal coming out this summer, but the pubís sitting on it till they see how the first one does. So now I hauled out an old ms and ripped the hell out of it and changed the one sympathetic adult character into a serial killer. I hope to have a decent first draft completed by the end of February.

Juggling revisions on my first novel for an agent (and two others waiting for same in the queue) with teaching demands. I published two short stories in Jan., which started the year off well but have collected a couple of rejections this week. My second novel is sitting on the shelf while I finish these revisions. Poor thing! Second book is about 75% through a solid first draft, and it keeps calling to me in my dreams...

Jeanne

Oh you guys! This all sounds so exciting. Can't wait to read, Jena!! I have been working on a new ms (query up in the query forum) and subbing poetry some more, though with little luck. Had one poem e-pubbed, and have been working on my new editor position (though the issn office is dragging its feet) which has been fun, and very enlightening.

Oops, the Lit Agent forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith . View Post
    Wow ... How about you?
    Glad you asked.
    Writers write!
    They don't necessarily sit about the nest and sqawk, like the DoDo.

BTW, I thort the Vandelay was a ball room!
    There is only use for latex, had any male from Paris lately?
    Only two kids of people, males and airmales!

I am done for the day, now I might have to kill something!
    Last edited by Herman Munster; 02-17-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: No wonder we all need editors, none of us can type acoorat, proper.

Finishing up the 2nd edition to my first textbook, tbp at the end of this year.

Waiting to hear if a proposal I made for another writing project (nonfic) is accepted. I'll know in a week. So I'm told.

If the proposal is turned down, maybe I'll try that novel. Or maybe I'll just watch TV. I haven't watched anything regularly since "Married with Children" and hear there's lots of great stuff on like the Kardashians, Teen Mom and Jersey Shore. I'm excited at the prospect of being able to discuss this stuff with coworkers. Along with sports scores, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Grey View Post
    Got a mystery waiting in the wings for when this beast is done. Looking forward to that, there's a few people I'd like to kill off.
    UH-oh.

*_*

I'm considering returning to my novel in a few weeks. The writing exercises I've been doing really helped.

I'm working on my first novel, which I just put down to endeavor into the world of outlines, egads. I've always hated outlines, ever since high school, but I'm beginning to see their usefulness in something like a novel. So, here goes, the next week is me deciding between forcing an outline out of my head or gouging my eyes out with a pencil. I'll let you know which one wins.