HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

The big self publishing advertisers.

Xlibris, Lulu, Outskirts, Createaspace. Any thoughts or experiences with these?

Quote Originally Posted by greg winick View Post
    Xlibris, Lulu, Outskirts, Createaspace. Any thoughts or experiences with these?
    A better question would be: Why pay for cover design and interior layout before going to these places who seem to offer all that as part of the package?

I wonder why go to these publishers at all? Unless you want an actual book you can hold in our hands?

I paid a cover artist for a nice cover for my ebook. I paid $10 for an eISBN number, $30 for a copyright. To upload to Smashwords, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble - free. Total - less than a hundred dollars.

Greg, I don't know how much all those publishers would charge, but I bet it's a lot more a hundred dollars.

I give motivational presentations, and I need my books to sell at the actual presentations. I also want them available online for my customers. The money layout is really not an issue, I just don't want to get ripped off or stuck in a contract.

What about checking out local printers in your area? They would love the business, and you might find someone who can compete or beat the publishers you listed. Just a suggestion.

There are plenty of posts on WN regarding publishing with Createspace and other self-publishers. Go to the OTHER WAYS INTO PRINT forum.