HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    Meh, it's cool with me if they want to revive a topic. I just think it's incredible to know that it was actually John who wrote Fifty Shades, even though he denies it today.
    Her inane comments are not "reviving the topic." It's basically saying "me too" a year or two after the fact. Message board FAIL.

You are a cruel, cruel administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    Meh, it's cool with me if they want to revive a topic. I just think it's incredible to know that it was actually John who wrote Fifty Shades, even though he denies it today.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    You are a cruel, cruel administrator.
    Cruelty in love. Heheh.

Anyway, a topic's a topic. Talk here or go to another one.

I'm writing something of a romance novel. It might fit into that genre. I call it The Swan Society.
    Very nice. How is this coming? I can so see it fitting into the romance genre with a title like that.

Oh, hit and miss. It's the story of a man who loses his wife due to his extracurricular activity on the internet. He gets fed up with himself and decides to fight ardently against the kind of guy he used to be. He decides to create a dating site called The Swan Society calculated to protect women from guys who just want a hook-up and introduce them to good, serious guys looking for wives. The site becomes wildly popular and successful, but he hides his identity, and doesn't think himself worthy of a romantic relationship after his past exploits. He devotes himself wholly to the site and helping women find good mates, and not even his family or ex-wife knows he runs the now famous Swan Society. They think he's still the shallow sexual predator looking for cheap fast hook-ups, but he's not. He's totally changed.

Evenutally, fate steps in and he finds love for himself in a way he least expects.

It's just one of my books that I jump into when I hit a wall in one of my others.

Oh, hit and miss. It's the story of a man who loses his wife due to his extracurricular activity on the internet. He gets fed up with himself and decides to fight ardently against the kind of guy he used to be. He decides to create a dating site called The Swan Society calculated to protect women from guys who just want a hook-up and introduce them to good, serious guys looking for wives. The site becomes wildly popular and successful, but he hides his identity, and doesn't think himself worthy of a romantic relationship after his past exploits. He devotes himself wholly to the site and helping women find good mates, and not even his family or ex-wife knows he runs the now famous Swan Society. They think he's still the shallow sexual predator looking for cheap fast hook-ups, but he's not. He's totally changed.

Evenutally, fate steps in and he finds love for himself in a way he least expects.

It's just one of my books that I jump into when I hit a wall in one of my others.
    Very cool. How many books are you currently working on?

Four. It's the best cure for writer's block I've found. You just switch books until the story starts flowing and keep writing until the flow stops. Then you switch again. It works for me anyway.

Four. It's the best cure for writer's block I've found. You just switch books until the story starts flowing and keep writing until the flow stops. Then you switch again. It works for me anyway.
    Interesting to know. I will have to try this out and let you know how it works for me. Usually I am just working on one or two at a time.

Well, if you don't have too much difficulty in that area, one or two is more than enough, but my mind can't stay put on a storyline for too long before I want to try something else. I found that two or three books is not enough because I can juggle that many storylines in my head. But that fourth, that's when I start forgetting the storyline. So when I work my way to that fourth book after writing on books 1-3 as much as I can, it seems "fresh" to me, and new ideas come. It seems to re-ignite my interest. So I write what I can on book 4, and by that time, book 1 is getting fuzzy and ready for re-ignition, and so it goes.

A title like "Swan Society" brings to mind the image of a high-society meet and greet sort of thing. Like a match-making, dating club of sorts. Is that the sort of image you are going for?