HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Liza B.
    Rage...hmmm. Didn't see any rage in what I wrote. See a lot of rage in what you just wrote though. Sheesh, calm down.
    You're projecting again, John. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    But I expect as I grow in His knowledge and love, I'll change for the better.
    I, for one, do wish you'd grow up sooner than you're doing. Can't wait for the change for the better on this. None of this belongs on a writing forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jena Grace View Post
    To resurrect this thread for the sole purpose of name-calling, you obviously have a lot of animosity toward someone. You should answer that question, not me.
    I guess I'm confused...if I'M the one name-calling and exhibiting a lot of animosity toward someone, shouldn't the someone be the one turning the other cheek and not me? Isn't that the point of "turning the other cheek"? Someone does you wrong, you turn the other cheek? Right?

By the way, if I feel any animus, which I think I can honestly say I don't, it's toward an idea and not a person - the idea that ANYONE, including me, knows the absolute true meaning of Christ's words. We can get pretty darn close through interpretation, but the only Person Who knows the complete and unvarnished truth is Christ Himself.

Now, of course, if she really believes she alone knows the true meaning, THEN I suppose you could say I was attacking her. In that case, I would immediately apologize. One should not be unkind to the mentally ill.
    Last edited by John Oberon; 03-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Depends on which one of you strives to be the most Christ-like.

I've made my observation. Feel free to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Liza B. View Post
    You're projecting again, John. Look it up.
    Projecting? I just listed what you wrote. It sounded awfully angry. I suspect any average person reading your post would conclude you were angry. That's projecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jena Grace View Post
    Depends on which one of you strives to be the most Christ-like.

I've made my observation. Feel free to ignore.
    Alrighty-roo.

Liza B.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Oberon View Post
    Projecting? I just listed what you wrote. It sounded awfully angry. I suspect any average person reading your post would conclude you were angry. That's projecting?
    You're projecting because I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm having a fantastic, joy-filled day. Although I am concerned for my friend who is being stalked by you.

You, on the other hand, come across as filled with so much bizarre anger and resentment toward this WN member who has been successfully ignoring you (i.e. "turning the other cheek"), that you continue to attack this wonderful individual on thread after thread without any provocation.

I can only recommend that you learn to behave as classy as that WN member is doing right now.
    Last edited by Liza B.; 03-06-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Says BJ: "I'm just glad that according to Him, He doesn't base His opinion of me on how I live and act; He bases it on my faith in Him."

I wouldn't bet the family farm on your perception, Bible John. I think how you live and act is VERY important, as far as what JC might think of you. Why would he want all his teachings to go to waste? He would hope you would put your money where your mouth is and live and act with kindness -- at the very least.

My humble opinion, of course.

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Foyle View Post
    Says BJ: "I'm just glad that according to Him, He doesn't base His opinion of me on how I live and act; He bases it on my faith in Him."

I wouldn't bet the family farm on your perception, Bible John. I think how you live and act is VERY important, as far as what JC might think of you. Why would he want all his teachings to go to waste? He would hope you would put your money where your mouth is and live and act with kindness -- at the very least.

My humble opinion, of course.

*_*
    That's odd coming from someone like you, who believes perception creates truth. Or have you changed your beliefs?

Sure, I think how I live and act is important. I'm just saying it has no bearing on whether or not I spend eternity with Christ. It is by faith we are saved, not what we do. The Bible reiterates that point often. If anyone had to be saved by what they did, nobody would be saved.

It's been my experience that there is light years difference between what the world calls kindness and what God calls kindness. That's why many people say such hard things about God, that He either does not exist, or is psychotic, or evil. After all, Christ allowed all His disciples, His supposed favorites, to suffer horribly. They were beaten, tortured, sawn in half, crucified upside down. Was that kind for Him to allow that?

I guess I don't take this SOT thing as seriously as you all. It's a joke. How can it be anything but ridiculous? I suspect the SOT regrets making the claim and knows it is patent nonsense. I could almost hear her cringe when she inadvertently did it the second time, lol.

But since this is so important to you all, I'll end it. I'll announce the abdication.

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

[redacted] is NOT the Source of Truth. She does NOT know the true meaning of Christ's words anymore than anyone else, and must interpret them just like anyone else.

All hail Jesus Christ, Who IS Truth and freely gives life and liberty to all who will accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liza B. View Post
    You're projecting because I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm having a fantastic, joy-filled day. Although I am concerned for my friend who is being stalked by you.

You, on the other hand, come across as filled with so much bizarre anger and resentment toward this WN member who has been successfully ignoring you (i.e. "turning the other cheek"), that you continue to attack this wonderful individual on thread after thread without any provocation.

I can only recommend that you learn to behave as classy as that WN member is doing right now.
    Huh. In my experience, an angry person accuses other people and uses angry, extreme words, like the many you've used. Your day may be joy-filled, but it's hard to find any of that joy in your words. Unlike you, I haven't used any angry language, or called you any names, or accused you of anything, but you've done all three to me.

I guess we'll just have to disagree as to the indications of probable anger in writing.