HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greg winick View Post
    What the heck is the SOT?
    Six more posts and you'll be able to find out, greg.

*_*

I can't wait! Now it's only five.

Outside of this board, I'd say it was just what you'd call a major drunk.

Ha, Gary!

Why...Greg...you don't know? I find that difficult to believe. It is the Source of Truth. This person is so perfectly aligned with Christ that she is the sole living possessor of the absolute true meaning of His words. Riff-raff like you and I need to INTERPRET Christ's words, but this person...she KNOWS the true meaning of His words. She announced this uncommon ability on two occasions and thus ascended to her rightful position as the Source of Truth, or SOT as her affectionate and humble servant refers to her. We can only hope that she will reveal herself unto you, and thereby end your woeful ignorance and arrogance.

Liza,

It is not nasty to call someone what they claim to be. I thinks it's funny. The collosal arrogance of someone who could claim such a thing...well, I'm pretty arrogant myself, and to me, it's just a marvel, and a darn good joke. Can you imagine the hell I would've caught if I'D claimed something like that? The ridicule, name-calling, and cursing would've never stopped from ALL of you, and NONE would've viewed it as nasty or out of place. But let me use one title, Source of Truth, based directly on her own words...well, it's just unforgivable to affront a god, I guess, lol. Heck, I catch all kinds of ridicule WITHOUT claiming that.

She can stop me from calling her SOT any time she likes, but I think it doesn't bother her much. If she doesn't like and enjoy the title, she can climb down off Mount Olympus and renounce it anytime. I will never call her SOT again if she renounces it. But her arrogance will never permit her to do that.

And we both know it.

I've wondered how it is she doesn't claim the same absolutism for her writing advice. Although, she DOES claim absolutely that my writing advice is ALWAYS horrible at ALL times, so I guess the arrogance is creeping into that area as well. We'll just have to watch and see if she pets herself into a full-blown martinet or not.

Liza B.
    As I said, this was a pleasant, positive thread until you appeared out-of-the-blue with name-calling and false, nasty accusations directed toward another member who hasn't said a word to you.

That's stalker behavior.

You come across like an angry, bitter, judgmental man. In fact, your behavior is the exact opposite of what Christ and the Bible prescribe. Christ would use you as an example for how not to act. So you're also a hypocrite for not following Christ's teachings, even though you constantly claim that you do. How does it serve you to hold on to so much resentment? And when people don't agree with your skewed interpretation of the Bible/God, you always go on the same childish attack. Your rage only betrays your deep insecurity about what you profess to believe in.
    Last edited by Liza B.; 03-06-2012 at 06:00 AM.

I've been staying out of this whole thing for months, but I'm sick of seeing "SOT"--especially when it shows up in threads that have nothing to do with previous discussions. This IS stalking behavior. I believe Jesus turned the other cheek.

So Bible John derailed a thread with "drivel," huh?

Careful, BJ, or you'll soon be out of print. (I like that term better than the one I can't remember how to spell.)

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Liza B. View Post
    As I said, this was a pleasant, positive thread until you appeared out-of-the-blue with name-calling and false, nasty accusations directed toward another member who hasn't said a word to you.

That's stalker behavior.

You come across like an angry, bitter, judgmental man. In fact, your behavior is the exact opposite of what Christ and the Bible prescribe. Christ would use you as an example for how not to act. So you're also a hypocrite for not following Christ's teachings, even though you constantly claim that you do. How does it serve you to hold on to so much resentment? And when people don't agree with your skewed interpretation of the Bible/God, you always go on the same childish attack. Your rage only betrays your deep insecurity about what you profess to believe in.
    Rage...hmmm. Didn't see any rage in what I wrote. See a lot of rage in what you just wrote though. Sheesh, calm down.

Name-calling...I suppose that's true, but it's a name she earned honestly. I made no accusations, nasty or otherwise. I simply recounted facts. I mean, would you like me to link to where she says these things? It's not like it's real hard to do. I said nothing false. Even SHE knows that.

I think it's interesting, Liza. I ascribed ONE title to ONE person on here, who earned it by her own words. I don't think I've ever done that on here before, to tell you the truth. However, you who do not know me or at most, very little, have called or strongly implied these names about me:

name-caller, false, nasty, accusing, stalker, angry, bitter, judgmental, hypocrite, resentful, skewed, childish, attacking, raging, insecure

Over a dozen names. Good grief, compare our two posts. Can you perhaps see that most of these names might be more aptly applied to you?

By the way, the title arose not because she disagreed with me, but because she claimed to know the "true meaning" of Christ's words. Now logically, who do you think is the more upset about someone who disagrees with their interpretation of the Bible/God: the person who says he has an interpretation and asks others for their interpretation (which I did), or the person who says she knows the true meaning and is unwilling to consider another interpretation (which the SOT did)?

I suspect you're at least partially right about Christ's opinion of me and how I live and act. I don't think there's any of His teachings I haven't broken some time or other, and continue to break right now. Absolutely true, I'm a sinner through and through, can't deny it. But I expect as I grow in His knowledge and love, I'll change for the better. I find following Christ very difficult, and so does everyone else. Moses and King David were murderers, His own desciples deserted Him - He could use any human in all of history as an example of how NOT to act, including you, Liza. What of it?

I'm just glad that according to Him, He doesn't base His opinion of me on how I live and act; He bases it on my faith in Him. The more I believe and trust in Him, the happier He is with me, despite the many sins I commit. All He wants is a relationship with us, and later, He will perfect us in His good time. I look forward to that.

Jena,

I'm curious...what is it you think I should turn the other cheek about? I ask because I can't see any harm anyone's done to me.
    Last edited by John Oberon; 03-06-2012 at 09:43 AM.

I'm curious...what is it you think I should turn the other cheek about? I ask because I can't see any harm anyone's done to me.
    To resurrect this thread for the sole purpose of name-calling, you obviously have a lot of animosity toward someone. You should answer that question, not me.